How to Process Orders in Magento 2
Process Orders in Magento 2 - When a customer places an order on the one-step chekout page for products of any type, a sales order is automatically created in the database as a transient record to give an account of the transaction. Not until the customer pays for the products is the sales order updated to “Complete”. Before the payment is made, the order is marked as “Pending”. Some customers may want to make changes to the initial order that they place, so sales orders are configured to be easily edited while pending.
In addition, customers can also cancel the orders as long as invoice along with its pdf file (a detailed list describing purchases of goods that they have to pay) is not yet to be generated. To clarify the process, unless a disruption happens, orders turn into invoices and invoices become shipments. The Orders grid make a list of all orders, irrespective of where they are in the workflow which consists of 5 processes including Place Order, Order Pending, Receive Payment, Invoice Order and Ship Order.
You can process Orders in Magento 2 by following these following steps:
How to Process Orders in Magento 2
- Step 1: Open a pending sales order
- Step 2: Carefully examine these sections: Order and Account Information, Address Information, Payment & Shipping Method, Items Ordered
- Step 3: Complete the Order Total section
Step 1: Open a pending sales order
- Log in to the backend. Right under Dashboard, select
Sales > Orders.
- Choose a pending sales order, and tap the Edit button in the upper-right corner. Please note that since Orders can only be changed while the status is “Pending”, the Edit button does not appear for orders with the status of “Processing”.
Step 2: Carefully examine these sections: Order and Account Information, Address Information, Payment & Shipping Method, Items Ordered
- Review Order and Account Information by consulting the following information:
- Order Number is located at the top of both the sales order and Order & Account Information. It precedes a note that show where the confirmation was sent or not.
- Order Date refers to the date and time the order was placed.
- Purchase From indicates the website, store, and store views where customers place the order.
- For Account Information section, Customer Name records the name of the customer who placed the order. Click on the name, then the customer profile will appear.
- Email is where the email address of the customer is recorded. By tapping the email address, you can open a new email message.
- Customer Group keeps account of the name of the customer group that the customer belong to.
- Review Address Information by consulting the following information:
- Billing Address records the name of the customer placing the order together with the billing address and telephone number.
- Shipping Address provides information on the name of the person who is responsible for receiving the order, followed by his/ her shipping address and telephone number.
- Review Payment & Shipping Method by consulting the following information
- Payment Information presents the method of payment used for the order, purchase order number if applicable, and the currency used to place the order whether it was USD, Euro, Swiss Franc or anything else.
- Shipping & Handling Information shows the shipping method and a handling fee charged to the customer related to order fulfilment
- Review Items Ordered
- Product shows the product name, stock keeping unit, and options when applicable.
- Item Status points out the status of the item whether it is refunded, in stock, etc.
- Original Price presents the price listed in catalog originally before discounts.
- Price indicated the item’s purchase price.
- Qty refers to the quantity of products ordered, shipped, invoiced, refunded.
- Subtotal is the purchase price calculated by multiplying the quantity.
- Tax Amount represents the amount of tax assigned to the item with the value recorded based on the decimal system.
- Tax Percent presents the percentage of tax that is applied to the item.
- Discount Amount shows the price reduction customers are entitled to for this specific item.
- Raw Total includes the line item total with the applicable taxes imposed at the product level, minus discounts.
Step 3: Complete the Order Total section
- First, have a look at this information:
- Status tells the current status of the sales order.
- Comment appears as a text box which you can use to enter a comment that goes with the order.
- Notify Customer by Email gives you a checkbox that you may tick if wishing to send the comment to the customer in a different email.
- Visible on Storefront gives you a checkbox that you may tick should you want the comment to be seen from the customer account.
- Submit Comment allows you to submit the comment and send by email, if that is applicable.
- For Order Totals, Shipping & Handling points out the amount charged for shipping and handling fees.
- Tax presents the amount of tax imposed on the order, if this is applicable.
- Store Credit indicated the amount of available store credit assigned to the order, if this is applicable.
- Grand Total is the order total/ totally order set.
- Total Paid indicates the total amount of money paid for the order, if this is applicable.
- Total Refunded presents the total amount of money that is paid back from the order, if applicable.
- Total Due tells you about the total amount of money that is due to be paid.
- Then, in the Order Total section, do as following:
- Insert a comment which will accompany the order.
- In case you want to email the customer to inform the comment, tick the Notify Customer by Email checkbox.
- Should you want the comment to be visible in the customer account, tick the Visible on Storefront checkbox.
Once you are ready to issue an invoice for the order, tap Invoice. After that, follow instructions to create an invoice.
. Related Post
Explore Our Products:
People also searched for
- magento 2 order processing
- magento 2 order process flow
- magento 2 order flow
- magento order processing
- magento 2 pending payment
- magento 2 order workflow
- magento 2 change order status programmatically
- fulfill orders magento
- magento 2 order processing workflow
- magento order fulfillment
- magento order processing workflow
- magento cancel processing order
- magento 2 order fulfillment
- magento 2 cancel processing order
- sales order process steps
- how to process orders
- sales order processing procedure
- how to process an order in magento
- magento cancel order after invoice
- 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 2.4.x