Order Status and Order state in Magento 2
Magento 2 is the favourite platform for every store to boost online sales dramatically. It is excellent if many orders are placed. However, by then, you will find it diffcult and waste much time on having thousands of orders managed effectively. Let’s follow the guides in this post to help you manage Order Staus and Order State better. The more time saved, the more profits earned.
As soon as each order is created, the order information is transferred directly to a stage in Magento 2 order processing workflow. In addition, there is a specific column in the Orders grid called Status that will control the order status, and a set of predefined order status and order state settings are supported for your store. The order state reports the position of an order in the workflow at that time.
Explore Mageplaza Modules:
- Magento 2 Order History
- Magento 2 Custom Order Number
- Magento 2 Same Order Number
- Magento 2 Mass Order Actions
See the following image to figure out the management of Magento 2 order status:
In Status column, you can see many types of the order status such as: Pending, Complete, Processing, etc. So what is the order status?
Magento 2 Order Status and Order State
- Create a new Order Status
- Assign Order Status to Order State
- Edit Order Status
- Remove Order Status from an assigned state
Create a new Order Status
- On the Admin Panel,
Stores > Settings > Order Status.
- On the upper-right corner, click on
Create New Status.
Order Status Informationsection, do as the following:
- Enter the
Status Codethat needs to include both letters and numbers while it is required to begin with a letter (a-z) and inserting the underscore character instead of a space.
- Enter the
Status Labelthat is shown on Admin and frontend of your store.
- Enter the
Store View Specific Labelsection, if you have multiple stores, it is posible to set different labels for each store view.
- To finish, click on
Assign Order Status to Order State
- Next to the
Create New Order Status, click on
Assign Status to Stage.
- From the dropdown in the
Order Statusfield, choose the status that you want to assign.
Order Stateto the place in the workflow where the order status belongs.
- Mark the
Use Order Status as Defaultcheckbox to apply this status as default for the order state.
- Mark the
Visible on Storefrontcheckbox to show this status on Storefront.
- Assignment is successful when you click on
Save Status Assignment.
Edit Order Status
- On the Order Status grid, click on the Order Status that you want to edit.
- Change the order status settings as you need.
Save Statusto save the edit.
Remove Order Status from an assigned state
- Consider the Order Status you want to unassign on the Order Status grid.
- Click on Unassign link in the
At the top of the workplace, a short message will display to notify that you have unassigned the order status. But the unassigned status is still included in the list without removation.
That is all to help you manage Magento 2 Order Status and Order State. Hope you can do it perfectly.
People also searched for
- magento 2 order state vs status
- magento 2 get order status
- magento 2 change order status programmatically
- magento change order status
- order status in magento 2
- how to change order status in magento 2
- magento 2 order states
- magento 2 get order status programmatically
- order status magento 2
- magento 2 change order status
- magento 2 set custom order status programmatically
- get order status magento 2
- magento 2 default order status
- magento 2 order status list
- magento 2 order tracking
- magento 2 order statuses
- order status
- magento 2 create custom order status programmatically
- magento 2 change order status from pending to processing
- what are the different order statuses available in magento 2?
- magento 2 update order status programmatically
- change order status programmatically magento 2
- change order status in magento 2
- magento 2 change status of order
- magento 2 edit order programmatically
- magento change order status from pending to processing
- magento 2 add custom order status
- magento 2 custom order status
- custom order status magento
- magento order status
- magento 2 order status change event
- magento 2 set order status programmatically
- magento 2 add order status
- 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 2.4.x