Webhook for Magento 2v1.1.0
Mageplaza Webhook for Magento 2 helps online store to configure to send an API request to a configurable destination (URL) when specific event entities occur. This is a very useful tool supporting stores updates instant, real-time notifications.
You've just added this product to the cart:
How does it work?
Webhooks are triggered by specific events. When specific events actually happen such as New Order, New Order Comment, New Customer, New Product; the webhook which is created before will collect the data, and sent it to the URL specified by you.
Webhook and great benefits
Let’s take an example picture of a doorbell system including a button near the door and a bell in the living room. When a visitor pushes the button, the doorbell ring and you notice that someone is at the door. This is the signal which is sent from the button to the doorbell.
Webhook works on the same concept. Webhooks are basically user-defined HTTP callbacks which are triggered by specific events. When a trigger event occurs in the source site, the webhook sees the events, collect the data and sends it to the URL in the form of an HTTP request.
- Recognize an event which has just taken place instantly
- Ensure the data to be synchronized across multiple web applications
- Shipping method service: Specific Webhooks are appointed to specific shipping methods (e.g., by air, by rail, by sea)
- Connect two or more applications where the event in one application triggers the event in another application.
Send API requests when specific events occur
Magento 2 Webhooks by Mageplaza realized instantly any updated events and send API requests to other servers or applications at the exact time when specific events occur. Admins can create hooks based on any events related to:
- New Order/Invoice/Shipment/Credit Memo
- New Order Comment
- New/Update/Delete Customer
- New/Update/Delete Product
- New/Update/Delete Category
- Customer Login
- Abandoned Cart
Send API requests when cart abandonment happens
One of the noticeable features of Webhooks for Magento 2 is to allow sending API requests in case cart abandonment occurs.
In case a store has Customer Care or Sales departments, the notification about abandoned carts is very important and need updating by seconds to solve the issue or take care of customers shortly.
Send leads/customer data to CRM or Email Marketing tools
Magento 2 Webhooks extension supports very efficiently for online stores using CRM and/or Email Marketing systems. The new data such as new order/new customers or any related updates will be sent automatically to these servers.
Therefore, with Mageplaza Webhooks, store owners will be happy with the united and updated important data, then the sales and the after-sales process will be progressed smoothly and effectively accordingly.
Log requests and response
Hook logs are supported to help admins update the status of hooks: success or error. With the error hook, there is a message displayed on the log for a quick view.
Besides, admins can view the hook details including Log ID, entity and especially preview the response quickly from the action field of the log.
Full Features List
For store admins
- Disable the extension
- Set time to send abandoned carts notice
- Allow sending an alert email when an error occurs
- Select email template
- Set a total number for keeping logs
- Clean logs daily
- Set name for a new hook
- Set status, store view, priority for the hook
- Input Payload URL
- Select Method for sending requests
- Input Header for the hook
- Select content type with 4 choices
- Insert variables to the body and preview
- Manage hooks via a grid
- Compatible with other extensions: Countdown Timer, Magento 2 Sorting, Payment Restriction, Salesforce
- View all status, entity, a message of logs
- View error messages of logs
- Select action for a log: Preview response or Replay (with fixed logs)
Yes, absolutely. Please select hook trigger entity is new order and insert your payload URL of CRM system from the admin backend.
Yes, it can be done easily from adding time by minutes in the admin backend.
It is not fixed. You can set the number from the backend. When the total of logs reaches a specific number, the system will automatically process cleaning logs.
Please enable alert function from the backend, this allows sending notification about errors via email.