People will never say no to free products; therefore Zero Subtotal Checkout is the payment method needed for the order that its grand total equals zero. Zero-grand total order may be the result of a discount or applied coupon with free shipping or created manually by admins due to any problem happened with the products in the last orders. This payment method is enabled by default in Magento 2.0 and you can customize some advanced configuration in the backend as the instruction below.
Configure Zero Subtotal Checkout Payment Method in Magento 2
Step 1: Open the Zero Subtotal Checkout Tab
- On the Admin sidebar, click
Stores > Settings > Configuration.
- In the panel on the left, choose
Sales > Payment Methods > Zero Subtotal Checkout.
Step 2: Set options for Zero Subtotal Checkout Section
- In the Title field, enter a new title to change or leave the default of “No Payment Information Required” to recognize the Zero Subtotal Checkout Payment Method during checkout.
- In the Enabled field, pick “Yes” to activate Zero Subtotal Checkout Payment Method.
- In the New Order Status field:
- set “Pending” for new orders to wait for the authorization;
- set “Processing” if the payment is already authorized and processing;
- set “Suspected Fraud” if a fraud is detected.
- In the Payment from Applicable Countries field, choose “All Allowed Countries” to accept Zero Subtotal Checkout Payment Method for customers from all countries specified in your store configuration or “Specific Countries” to approved this payment method for some definite countries which you select from the Payment from Specific Countries list.
- In the Sort Order field, enter a number to determine the position of Zero Subtotal Checkout Payment in the list of payment methods that is shown during checkout (start from 0).
Step 3: Save the configuration
Save Config button in the upper-right corner when you are done.
- If you are noticed to refresh the page cache, click the links in the notification, and follow the instructions.