How to Configure Flat Rate Shipping Method in Magento 2
Flat Rate Shipping Method is a simple solution to configure the shipping method at your store. It charges a fixed shipping fee for any order with different sizes or weights or any shipping addresses. Because it is easy to configure and apply, the flat rate shipping is popular to many carries.
If you need to charge different shipping rates on your store, you can do it with Free Shipping Method and Table Rate Shipping Method. And now, we will learn together how to configure the flat rate shipping method in Magento 2.
Configure Flat Rate Shipping Method in Magento 2:
- On the Admin Panel,
Stores > Settings > Configuration.
- On the left panel, under
- Open the
Enablethe shipping method by choosing Yes for that. At that time, Flat Rate is available in the Estimate Shipping and Tax section of the shopping cart, and also in the Shipping section during checkout.
- Set the
Titlefor the flat rate shipping on the checkout page.
- Describe the method in the
Method Namefield that displays with the calculated shipping rate in the shopping cart. The method name is “Fixed” by default.
- To clarify the terms for applying Flat Rate Shipping Method, set the
Typeto one of the following:
- None: The shipping rate for this type is zero, that is similar to free shipping method.
- Per Order: Set the flat rate shipping for an entire order
- Per Item: Set the flat rate shipping for each item. The rate is multiplied by the number of items in the cart, regardless of whether there are multiple quantities of the same, or of different items.
- Offer the
Pricethat you want to charge for flat rate shipping.
- If you ask to charge an additional handling fee, set
Calculate Handling Feeto ‘fixed’ or ‘percent’, and then enter the number you want to set in the
- Type the short text for
Displayed Error Messageif the flat rate shipping is unavailable.
Ship to Applicable Countriesto one of two options:
- All Allowed Countries : Free Shipping is supported for every country.
- Specific Countries: Flat Rate Shipping is only supported for selected countries.
- Set the
Sort Orderon the Shipping Method on the checkout page.
Save Configto complete.
- Download Free Magento 2 Multiple flat rate shipping module on Github
- Magento 2 Multiple flat rate shipping on Mageplaza
not your workload
Simple, powerful tools to grow your business. Easy to use, quick to master and all at an affordable price.Get Started
Explore Our Products:
People also searched for
- magento 2 flat rate shipping
- magento 2 set shipping rate programmatically
- magento flat rate shipping
- multiple flat rate shipping magento
- magento 2 multiple flat rate shipping
- magento shipping rate per product
- multiple flat rate shipping magento 2
- magento shipping rates per product
- magento shipping per product per country
- flat rate shipping options
- magento 2 change shipping price programmatically
- what is a flat rate shipping method
- magento 2 estimate shipping and tax
- what is flat rate shipping
- 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 2.4.x