How to Configure Cash On Delivery Payment Method in Magento 2
Cash On Delivery is a type of transaction in which the customer makes payment to shipping carrier when receiving the good. This payment method is popular and convenient for buyers who do not prefer online payment methods but still want to send items to a certain address. With Magento Community Edition 2.0, you can accept and adjust Cash On Delivery payments for your store. Cash On Delivery payment method is approved by admins for only customers from specific countries and recipients can make payment by cash, check or money order.
Configure Cash On Delivery Payment Method
- Step 1: Go to the Cash On Delivery Payment Section
- Step 2: Complete the fields in Cash On Delivery Payment Section
- Step 3: Save the configuration
Step 1: Go to the Cash On Delivery Payment Section
- On the Admin sidebar, click Stores > Settings > Configuration.
- In the panel on the left, choose
Sales > Payment Methods > Cash On Delivery Payment.
Step 2: Complete the fields in Cash On Delivery Payment Section
- In the Enabled field, pick “Yes” to activate Cash On Delivery Payment Method.
- In the Title field, enter a new title to change or leave the default of “Cash On Delivery” to recognize the Cash On Delivery payment method during checkout.
- In the New Order Status field, set “Pending” for new orders to wait until receipt of payment is confirmed by admin.
- In the Payment from Applicable Countries field, choose “All Allowed Countries” to accept Cash On Delivery Payment Method for customers from all countries specified in your store configuration or Specific Countries to approved this payment method for some definite countries which you select from the Payment from Specific Countries list.
- In the Instructions field, enter guidance for the customer to make a Cash On Delivery payment.
- In the Minimum Order Total and Maximum Order Total fields, set the order amounts required to qualify for this payment method.
- In the Sort Order field, enter a number to determine the position of Cash On Delivery in the list of payment methods that is shown during checkout (start from 0).
Step 3: Save the configuration
Save Configbutton in the upper-right corner when you are done.
- If you are noticed to refresh the page cache, click the links in the notification, and follow the instructions.
Step 4: How to restrict the Cash on Delivery payment methods to specific locations by postcode?
Admins can limit the Cash on Delivery payment method for certain areas to prevent canceling customers’ orders from inconvenient locations.
Mageplaza Payment Restriction extension can help store owners display or restrict this payment method based on zip codes.
Enable the module by clicking Stores -> Settings -> Configuration -> Mageplaza -> Payment Restriction in the backend configuration
In General, select Yes to turn this module on.
- After enabling the module, setting up the rule is the next step. Please go to the path Sales -> Payment Restriction -> Manage Rules.
- This Manage Rules section records all created rules with several pieces of information like Name, Status, Method, Store View, Customer Group, and so on. Admins can add a new rule with the restrictions for payment by choosing the Add Rule button.
- In the New Rule section, there are three fields: General, Conditions, Actions.
In the Name field, you can set the name of this rule to distinguish between the other ones. For example, COD or Cash on Delivery.
Then, fill all the necessary fields. Kindly choose “Enable” to apply this rule.
In the Conditions tab, admins choose Shipping Postcode.
- By selecting contains, store admins can set a range of postcodes that allow showing or hiding the Cash on Delivery payment method. Specific postcodes number will be added right after.
- In the Actions section, you can select the Cash on Delivery payment method to apply the rule. Then, you are able to choose Show or Hide this method on Frontend or Backend.
- Click Save Rule button in the upper-right corner when you complete it.
Step 5: How to charge an additional fee for using Cash on Delivery as a payment method
Shop owners may take some risk and additional fees when their customers choose the Cash on Delivery payment method. This is the reason why they wan to charge some extra fee when clients choose this kind of payment.
Mageplaza Extra Fee extension can help you do it with ease.
- On the admin panel, click Stores -> Settings -> Configuration -> Mageplaza -> Extra Fee and select Yes to enable the module.
- To create a new rule for Cash on Delivery method, please go to Stores -> Extra Fee -> Manage Rules. The Manage Rules table will be displayed. Then you can choose the Add New Rule button.
- In the General tab, you can define the name of the rule in the Name section and select Enable in the Status to turn this rule on.
- In the Conditions, please select Shipping Postcodes and contains, then you can fill all zip codes that you want to apply in this rule.
- In the Actions tab, admins can set the Fee type, Fee amount that you want to apply in this rule.
- Click the Save button when you finish the configuration.
not your workload
Simple, powerful tools to grow your business. Easy to use, quick to master and all at an affordable price.Get Started
Explore Our Products:
People also searched for
- magento 2 cash on delivery payment method
- cash on delivery magento 2
- magento 2 cash on delivery
- magento cash on delivery payment method
- cash on delivery instructions
- cash on delivery payment method
- magento cash on delivery
- cod payment
- cash on delivery magento
- payment terms cash on delivery
- cash on delivery payment terms
- payment method cash on delivery
- payment cash on delivery
- magento cod checker
- payment method cash
- payment mode cash on delivery
- payment on delivery
- cash on delivery payment
- 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 2.4.x