How to Set Password Options for Customers in Magento 2
With a big catalog of 234+ extensions for your online store
Password is a unique key that customers must use to access their accounts in your store, but it is possible that they may forget their passwords for the registration is. With the Magento 2 plaform, you can set password options for these customers to help them retrieve the passwords with ease. This tactic simplifies the problem solving process, which can improve their experience and reduce bounce rates.
From the backend, you will set the email template including the forgotten email and remind email with the password recovey link. You can also configure either the admin or the customers are the ones that can reset the password.
Please follow the instructions below to know what you need to do.
Steps to set Password Options for Customers in Magento 2
- On the Magento Admin Panel,
Stores > Settings > Configuration.
- On the left panel, under
- Open the Password Options section,
- Choose the
Forgot Email Templatethat is sent to customers if they get their password forgotten.
- Choose the Remind Email Template that includes the password hint to send to the customers.
- Choose the
Reset Password Templatethat is sent to the customers accompanied by a link for the reset password.
- Choose the Password Email Sender whose name will display on the forgotten and remind email notifications.
- Set the expiration of the password recovery link in the
Recovery Link Expirationfield.
- Allow only store admin change customer password when choosing Yes for
Require admin user to change user passwordoption.
- Choose the
Save Configto complete.
With Magento 2, it is easy to set the password options for customers in case they forget theirs, which can enhance their experience and reduce admin workload of solving the same problems repetitively. In case you want to read more about other account related issues, we have suggested several posts below for you.
Customization & Development Services?
8+ years of experiences in e-commerce & Magento has prepared us for any challenges, so that we can lead you to your success.Get free consultant
Change Store Email Addresses
Fix Magento 2 'Invalid Form Key. Please refresh the page'
Magento 2 Search Settings: Default Magento vs Mageplaza AJAX Search
Explore Our Products:
People also searched for
- magento 2 change customer password from admin
- change customer password magento 2
- magento 2 set customer password
- reset customer password magento 2
- magento 2 set customer password programmatically
- magento 2 change customer password extension
- magento 2 change customer password in database
- magento 2 set password for customer
- magento 2 forgot password email not sending
- magento 2 forgot password email template
- magento 2 send reset password link programmatically
- magento 2 password reset email not sending
- magento 2 reset customer password in database
- magento 2 disable password change
- magento 2 reset customer password programmatically
- magento change customer password in database
- reset password magento 2
- magento 2 change password
- change customer password magento 2 database
- 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 2.4.x
Stay in the know
Get special offers on the latest news from Mageplaza.
Earn $10 in reward now!