How to reset admin password in Magento 2
User Name and Password are the required fields if you want to log in the Magento admin. And it is the huge trouble if you forget one of them. Therefore, resetting admin password is very essential to every store. With Magento 2, “Forgot your password” link is available to click, then a temporary password can be sent to the email address that is associated with the account immediately. If the admin account get lock, this tutorial will help. Let do the following steps to reset your admin password in Magento 2.
How to reset Magento 2 admin password
There are 3 way to reset the admin password in Magento2:
- Solution 1: Reset Magento 2 admin password in phpmyadmin
- Solution 2: Reset your Magento 2 password from Admin panel
- Solution 3: Reset Magento 2 admin password via command line
- Solution 4: Reset Magento 1 via Email
- Set Password Options for Customers
- Create New Admin User
- Enable Admin Login Captcha
- Secure Your Admin
- Security Checklist
- How to reset a locked Admin account
Solution 1: Reset Magento 2 admin password in phpmyadmin
Go to phpmyadmin and copy the following sql query:
UPDATE admin_user SET password = CONCAT(SHA2('xxxxxxxYourNewPassword', 256), ':xxxxxxx:1') WHERE username = 'admin';
xxxxxxx character sequence is a cryptographic salt, it is saved in
<?php return array ( ... 'crypt' => array ( 'key' => '525701df74e6cba74d5e9a1bb3d935ad', //cryptographic salt ), ...
Solution 2: Reset your Magento 2 password from Admin panel
- If you forget your password, click hte
Forgot Your Password?link.
- Enter the Email Address that is associated with the Admin account.
Retrieve Password. If there is an account associated with the email address, an email will be sent to reset your password. To prevent email to spam box, enable SMTP here
Solution 3: Reset Magento 2 admin password via command line (cli)
We typed on Magento 2 root folder:
php bin/magento -h
It show the admin command line:
... admin admin:user:create Creates an administrator admin:user:unlock Unlock Admin Account ...
Magento 2 does not support reset password via command line. However, we can create a new admin account, then use the new account to reset the old one.
Solution 4: Reset Magento 1 via Email
- Go go Magento admin panel, default is
- Click Forgot your password?
- Type your email address which assosiated with admin account in Email Address input box
- Click Retrieve Password to reset password.
- Open your email box and check the reset password link. The link is valid in 24 hours. To prevent email to spam box, enable SMTP here.
People also searched for
- reset admin password Magento 2
- reset admin password magento 2
- magento 2 reset admin password on localhost
- magento 2 admin reset password link
- magento 2 enterprise reset admin password
- magento 2 reset admin password
- reset admin password magento 2
- reset admin password magento 2 phpmyadmin
- reset admin password magento 2 database
- reset admin password for magento 2
- how to reset admin password magento 2
- reset admin password in magento 2
- how to reset admin username and password in magento 2
- magento 2 reset admin password localhost
- magento 2 reset admin password mysql
- magento 2 admin password reset not working
- how to reset admin password on magento 2
- magento 2 reset admin password sql
- magento 2 reset admin user passwor
- 2.2.x, 2.3.x