How to move and delete a category in Magento 2
Move and delete a category in Magento 2 - Category is a group of products that have some features or attributes in common. After successfully setting up a category, you can move it to another position or delete it completely from the catalog by taking a few simple steps on the backend. However, in case your catalog is live, first think about how the modification may influence existing links to products in the category.
For instance, if your product URLs contain the category path and you change the category, then existing links to products in the category will no longer work. How to prevent that? You can configure your catalog to produce automatic permanent redirect once the URL key changes with a view to keeping browsers and search engines informed of a page’s removal. In addition, URL Rewrite tool can be utilised to redirect traffic from an old URL to a new one. You can also create category rewrites by this quick tool.
You can move and delete a category in Magento 2 by taking the following steps:
To move and delete a category in Magento 2
- Step 1: Access the Category session
- Step 2: Move or delete a category
- Step 3: Save the change (for moving a category only)
Step 1: Access the Category session
- Log in to your admin account.
- On the Admin sidebar, choose Products. Right under Catalog, click Categories.
Step 2: Move or delete a category
To relocate a category, do as follows:
- Click on the category that you want to move with your left mouse button. In the example shown above, What’s New is being relocated.
- Then, without releasing the button, drag it to the desired location and release the mouse button to drop it. Notice the dotted line which marks the new position of the category. As can be seen, What’s New is being moved right below Men and above Gear.
To remove a category, do as follows:
- Click on the category that you want to delete. In the example above, Training is the category chosen to be removed.
- Delete button then appears next to Save button. Tap
Deleteand click “OK” in the dialog box that asks you to confirm the deletion.
Step 3: Save the change (for moving a category only)
- After completing moving a category, tap Save. Done!
- Remember, deletions of categories are automatically saved, so you don’t need to take this step.
People also searched for
- magento 2 delete category
- magento 2 delete category programmatically
- magento 2 delete all categories
- magento 2 move category description
- delete all categories magento 2
- magento 2 could not save product with position 0 to category
- magento delete category
- could not save product with position 0 to category magento2
- could not save product with position 0 to category
- magento 2 remove parent category from url
- magento 2 bulk remove products from category
- magento 2 remove all categories
- magento 2 move category description to bottom
- magento 2 remove product from category
- 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 2.4.x