How to Setup Google Shopping Feed for Magento 2?
Table of Contents
- What is Google shopping
- Create Google Shopping Feed in Magento 2
- Step 1: Create a product feed
- Step 2: Insert full data needed in General information
- Step 3: Choose Google shopping template: XML
- Step 4: Insert information in Google Analytic field
- Step 5: Select the conditions to export files
- Step 6: Delivery configuration
- Step 7: Generate to export and upload files
- How to import product feed to Google Merchant
- Step 1: Register and use Google Merchant
- Step 2: Upload Google Shopping Feed to Google Merchant
What is Google Shopping?
Google Shopping is a popular e-commerce website which allows customers to seek for your product with ease. By using Google Merchant, online stores can upload their stores’ data and products’ information on Google Shopping in order to boost their marketing and sales performance.
Since the product data fields in Google Shopping and Magento 2 are fully compatible, online stores can definitely apply these fields to their product data, generating Product Feed. Nevertheless, Magento 2 now does not support feed generating, we need Google Shopping Feed Module to be in charge with. Using the extension will allow webmasters to export product data on the site then synchronize it with their Google Merchant account quickly.
Countries using Google Shopping:
- Middle East
- United Arab Emirates
- South East Asia
Google Shopping Template fields:
- Required fields
- Optional fields
Create Google Shopping Feed in Magento 2 step by step
Since Magento 2 does not support to generate product feed, in this article, we introduce the Product Feed extension by Mageplaza.
Step 1: Create a product feed
To begin with, go to
Products > Catalog > Product Feed > Manage Feeds > Add New Feed
Step 2: Insert full data needed in General information
Step 3: Choose Google shopping template: XML
Step 4: Insert information in Google Analytic field
Step 5: Select the conditions to export files
Step 6: Delivery configuration
- Choose the delivery protocol:
- Select either
Cron jobto generate feeds.
- Save the configuration
Step 7: Generate to export and upload files
Click Generate to export and upload files to the server. Then download files from the server or
The results after using Product Feed extension is as below:
How to import product feed to Google Merchant
Step 1: Register and use Google Merchant
Access to merchants.google.com, log in by your Google/Gmail account to use Google Merchant.
1.1 Create Google Merchant account
In Business Information menu, you can see:
- Business display name
- Business address
- Customer service contact
1.2 Verify and claim your website
Step 2: Upload Google Shopping Feed to Google Merchant
2.1 Add a new primary Google Shopping Feed
Menu > Products > Feeds > Click to plus symbol “+”
2.2 Insert the information at New primary Google Shopping Feed
- Country of sale: Select countries in which you want to sell/ship your products.
- Language: Choose the language of content on your feed
- Destinations: Choose the
2.3 Primary Google Shopping Feed name and input method
- Name your feed
- Choose input method
There are four methods: Google Sheets, Schedule fetch, Upload, Content API. In this guideline, we would like to introduce Schedule feed and Upload methods.
2.4 Upload Google Shopping Feed to Google Merchant
Schedule fletch method
Google provides you an SFTP, FPT or Google Cloud Store account by which you can upload your feeds. Click on Menu (three dots) then choose
SFTP / FTP / GCS to access to your SFTP, FTP, Google Cloud Storage.
Here is the information used to generate FTP, SFTP, Google Cloud Storage
- Name of your feed file must be the same as the file name in the server
- Select the
- Insert URL to access your file
- If your URL is password protected, provide your login information
Continueto complete Feed Upload process
Browser to select a file from your computer.
Continue to complete feed uploading process.
Here is your feed after successful uploading:
In this tutorial, we introduce how to create a feed using the Magento 2 Product Feed and how to upload it into Google Merchant. You can refer the full features of this module here. Also, be noticed to recheck your feed after uploading to Google Merchant because Google Shopping requires certain conditions for specific products.
- How to Setup Google Adwords Conversion Tracking in Magento 2
- How to Setup Google Universal Analytics
- How to Add Google Surveys
- How to Configure Google Adwords Remarketing
- How to Configure Google Optimize
- How to Integrate Google Adwords with Magento 2
Back Ask Mageplaza
Looking for more information?