How to Import Configurable Products in Magento 2
As far as we know, Magento 2 Configurable Products is a useful tool for both customers as well as store owners. If the products are configurable, it means that the customers can purchase them according to their needs, hobbies or the requirements from a list of available options easily. Thanks to it, there is a high chance that they make quicker purchase decisions, and stores can boost sales in no time.
Importing a single product in Magento 2 can be easy; however, the configurable products import process may seem more complicated to some businesses. Adding one by one is not a practical answer, so you still need a solution to help importing these data in bulk.
In this article, we will show you how to import configurable products in Magento 2. It is implemented according to three following steps.
3 Steps to Import Configurable Product in Magento 2, follow 3 steps:
- Step 1: You need a CSV file to Import Configurable Product
- Step 2: Fulfill CSV file (Input your configurable product and simple product)
- Step 3: Import CSV file
Step 1: You need a CSV file to Import Configurable Product
You need your Magento 2 admin panel before downloading a sample CSV. Log into the backend and navigate to
In here, the Import Settings tab will be displayed
Import settings field, choose
Products > click
Download Sample CSV as image below:
Import Behavior tab, choose
Add/Update to import configurable products as the image above. All other configurations, set up as available default. In case you already have a CSV file, you can skip this step.
Step 2: Fulfill CSV file (Input your configurable product and simple product)
The sample configurable products after downloading:
Some notes you need to know before filling in the CSV file
- Need to list all children products before configurable product.
- Make sure that the value in the ‘attribute_set_code’ column always matches the name of the Attribute Set.
- You should list all the values of the attribute set for each child product from in the ‘additional_attributes’ column.
- Follow the pattern in the file as the set of SKUs and Options in the ‘configurable_variations’ column.
- Get the correlation between the Attribute code and the Label name in the ‘configurable_variation_labels’ column.
Step 3: Import CSV file
Now, navigate to
Import. In the
File to Import field, click on
Choose File to upload your CSV file. Then, click on the
Check Data button on the right corner.
There will be a notified message if your CSV file has no errors like the image below:
Import button, a successful notification will be shown as below:
Finally, go to the frontend to check again.
Conclusion This is the fastest way to import configurable products in Magento 2. Be an intelligent store owner by meeting the satisfaction of the customers with only three simple steps. Do not hesitate anymore, follow those steps now!
Feel free to comment below or share it with your friends and business partners.
Some related posts:
Customization & Development Services?
8+ years of experiences in e-commerce & Magento has prepared us for any challenges, so that we can lead you to your success.Get free consultant
Explore Our Products:
People also searched for
- import configurable product in magento 2
- magento 2 import configurable products sample csv
- magento 2 import configurable products
- magento import configurable products sample csv download
- import configurable products magento 2
- magento configurable product import
- magento import configurable product
- simple configurable products magento 2
- magento import configurable products
- import configurable products magento
- magento import export configurable products
- magento 2 configurable product import csv
- magento 2 configurable product import
- magento simple configurable products
- magento 2 convert virtual product to simple
- magento 2 simple configurable products
- 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 2.4.x