How to integrate Facebook with Magento 2
The boom of e-commerce nowadays requires businesses to widen customer segments in order to gain as much attention as they can. And sharing among social networks is one of the most natural approaches to expand the customer base and increase sales after that. DataReporter’s survey concludes that people spend more than 2 hours 25 minutes a day on social networks.
Facebook community is one of the most popular social networks that is favoured by more than 2.3 billion people who are monthly active on this platform (Oberlo). The number of customer targets is too fascinating so obviously online merchants shouldn’t give this segment a pass. Even now you can login by Facebook right at the Magento 2.
Do you know that by quick integration actions, you can combine Facebook to your Magento 2 store so that when consumers click on one of your products, they’ll be redirected to your online boutique automatically? Scroll down to see the steps to enable this feature.
- How to Setup Facebook Livechat in Magento 2
- Top Facebook Comments extension for Magento 2
- Magento 2 Facebook Login Extension
- How to Add Facebook Social Widget without extension
- How to Configure Facebook Remarketing
4 Steps to integrate Facebook with Magento
Follow these steps to learn how to integrate Facebook with Magento 2:
- Step 1: Permit browser to enable popups for Facebook connector.
- Step 2: Enable Magento Facebook Social
- Step 3: Integrate Facebook store.
- Step 4: Upgrade your Magento Social if necessary
Friendly note that Magento Social only supports choosing products from a specific category, not from the catalog individually. So you should gather your wanted products into a special category then later, we will pick products from that category up to display them on the Facebook page. (remember not to set them displayed on the frontend of Magento 2).
Step 1: Permit browser to enable popups for Facebook connector
When connecting to Facebook, you should be noticed by popup messages appearing at the upper-right corner of the screen. By adding an URL whitelisted, and in case your browser is disabling the essential popup box to be displayed, you can take those steps to allow it to appear properly.
This example will have Chrome as an example for the performance, and other browsers will have the same actions to deal with.
Go to your Chrome Settings at the upper-right corner by clicking on three dots icon , you will be redirected to the setting page, scroll down till the end and expand Advance section
- Continue to follow
Privacy and security > Content Settings > Popups
- Below the Allow section:
- Add your store link on Magento 2
- Add another one
Step 2: Enable Magento Facebook Social
Back to your Magento 2 backend, follow
Marketing > Social: Connect to Facebook, do these following actions:
- Click on the
Integration Pagebutton. After clicking, you will be directed to the Integration grid, click Active of Magento Social line.
- You need to approve the access of these API resources, click again on
- The successful message is triggered. Back to the Integration grid, the status of Magento Social is “Active” now.
- Note: In case “Unable to Connect” message is displayed, please scroll to the end of this article to fix the issue, then you can go back and take actions from Step 2.
Step 3: Integrate Facebook store
- While opening the Magento 2 backend, open a new tab to access your Facebook’s account. Log in properly.
- Back to the tab of Magento 2 backend, click on the
Launch Storebutton. This infographic box will appear
- Tab Connect Magento to Facebook
- The data will be synchronized and the tab which is opening your Facebook account is waiting for your approve of access
- Click Continues as then OK like a normal approving process.
- Back to the Magento 2 tab, click on Create a Facebook page.
- To display product on the Facebook page, choose Brand or Product
- At Choose a Category, select App page then select the category which contains the product you want to display it on the Facebook page.
- Type a name for your Magento Social, then click
Get Started button
- Return to the Magento 2 tab, click Head to Facebook and Refresh. Successful message will be delivered.
You can make your way back to the new facebook page to upload the avatar, cover and description of your boutique to make it look more professional.
Step 4: Upgrade your Magento Social if necessary
A free Magento Social account allows only 9 products to be added on your Facebook shopping page, so in order to unlock this limited storage, upgrading the Magento Social account is required.
- Check at the left sidebar,
See more > Store
- Point and click See plans and pricing here of the green message. There’re 3 packages for you to upgrade the Magento Social account with different limitations of featuring products. Choose your favourable one and proceed with the checkout process.
Troubleshooting If you’re encountered this error, you need to refresh your request and enable your token back
There’s no need to be worried. You can
System > Extensions: Integration, then find Magento Social in the list of extensions.
- At the Current User Identity Verification field, enter your password.
- Expand Integration Details, copy (Ctrl+V) the line in Consumer Key.
- Back to the “Unable to connect” page, paste to the field that requires it. Then click to send.
Now you can go back to
Step 2: Enable Magento Social and overview the tutorial again.
The bottom line
With its undeniable popularity, Facebook is a great platform to drive more traffic for any online store. Therefore, integrating it can be a great approach to advertise your site, which takes you one step closer to new potential customers. Mageplaza also develops an extension to assist you in promoting Facebook pages, about which you can find more information here. Please contact us if you have any questions.
not your workload
Simple, powerful tools to grow your business. Easy to use, quick to master and all at an affordable price.Get Started
Explore Our Products:
People also searched for
- facebook magento 2
- magento 2 facebook
- magento 2 facebook store integration
- magento 2 facebook integration
- shopial facebook magento 2
- magento 2 facebook shop
- facebook shop magento 2
- magento facebook
- magento 2 facebook shop extension
- facebook magento integration
- facebook shop magento
- magento facebook integration
- magento 2 facebook store
- magento facebook shop
- magento social integration
- magento facebook shop integration
- facebook store magento extension free
- magento to facebook shop
- magento facebook extension
- magento facebook plugin
- facebook for magento
- facebook connect magento
- magento social media integration
- facebook magento extension
- how to set up a facebook store
- magento facebook marketing
- magento social shopping extension
- magento 2 facebook plugin
- 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 2.4.x