How to Register Customer Group in Shopware
Shopware is a German eCommerce platform that was created in 2000. Because of its user-friendly backend and interface, Shopware has risen to the top of the list of preferred online merchants, as well as other enterprises and organizations. This e-Commerce technology is presently supporting the online businesses of some international companies, including Haribo, Bijou Brigitte, and PowerBar.
In this article, we will show you How to Register Customer Group in Shopware to help you build up your online store.
Table of contents
- Shopware customer groups overview
- How to Register Customer Group in Shopware
Shopware customer groups overview
- Find customer groups: Under Settings, you will find the menu item Customer groups. You can generate and modify the customer groups into which your customers are divided here. Prices for different customer groups, for example, can be displayed in gross or net. All existing customer groups and the corresponding tax displays are listed in the following overview.
You can create a new customer group by clicking the Create customer group button. Existing customer groups can be edited by clicking on the name or using the context menu. You can change the order of the information in the list settings, but you can also hide individual columns. Also, you can use the compact mode, which reduces the list to only the most important details. You can also hide a column by using the context menu next to its name.
- New customer base: To create a new customer group, click the Create customer group button.
You can specify which tax representation (gross or net prices) should be used in the shop for the customer group’s customers in addition to the name of the customer group. You can also specify whether the customer group should use a separate registration form (2). This enables the customer to register directly for a specific customer group. The customer will not be directly assigned to the customer group, an activation is required. Alternatively, the Customer is assigned to the sales channel’s standard Customer Group. Please see the following section Customer Group Registration for more information.
How to Register Customer Group in Shopware
1. From Shopware 5
- Customer groups: Customer groups are essential in eCommerce for classifying, managing, and targeting customers. For example, business partners respond differently to advertising and pricing than end-users. With Shopware’s customer group functions, you can accurately reflect the diversity of your customers. You can also choose whether to display gross or net prices, as well as set different percentage discounts for each group. You can specify which customer groups each item in your inventory is displayed for. This can be useful when you offer items both individually and in cases, or when there are legal or age restrictions. Customer groups, of course, allow customized newsletters to be sent to each group individually. The window for Customer Groups is divided into two work areas. Groups can be added or deleted on the left. Clicking on the corresponding pencil icons for each group brings up a windowpane on the right that allows you to edit the group.
Prices, both gross and net: By selecting the Change default price to gross checkbox, Shopware will assume that all prices entered are gross rather than net. Shopware stores net prices in a database. Please keep in mind that any gross prices entered will be converted to net prices. Shopware’s calculation basis will always be the standard tax rate. Additional countries with differing tax rates in the basic settings cannot be considered. The gross price displayed in the frontend determines whether gross prices are displayed to the selected customer group instead of net prices.
Minimum order values and global discounts: The discount mode provides a percentage discount on all items to the customer group. When you check the Discount box, a field appears in which you can enter the amount of discount (in percentage) you want to offer. The minimum order value is absolute and serves as a threshold value for completing orders.
Surcharge on orders: In this field, the surcharge on orders is entered in the event that the minimum order value is not met.
Mode of discount: You can enter as many discounts as you want, just like a price scale. These are clearly shown in a table. The applicable percentage discount is determined by the total value of the shopping cart.
2. From Shopware 6
- Configuration: Additional configuration options will appear if you activate the registration form for the customer group.
- Form of registration: Aside from the name, you can optionally include some introductory text. For example, the introductory text could include information about the customer group to register here. This information appears directly below the title on the registration form.
By selecting the option Only companies can register, you can display additional input fields for corporate customer registration. The customer can also enter the company, department, and VAT ID in this case. These are optional entries. For the form, you can also enter an SEO meta-description.
- URLs: The form is given its own URL in order to be accessed.
To accomplish this, the form must first be assigned to at least one sales channel. If you save the form now, a technical URL as well as a separate URL for each sales channel will be generated. The technical URL can be used for user-defined links within the category module before being replaced with the corresponding sales channel URL. The form is directly accessible via the sales channel URL. This can be used for links on external pages, for example.
Suppose a complete URL for a sales channel for a language cannot be created, please check the sales channel’s settings to see if the language has been added to it and if a domain for the language exists.
- Storefront: Above the form fields, the title stored in the form configuration and the optional introductory text are displayed.
- Customer activation in Admin: After registering for a customer group via the registration form, the customer is not immediately assigned to the customer group. The customer is initially assigned to the sales channel’s standard customer group and receives a corresponding note in the customer overview.
You can then perform additional administration in the customer details. The details can be accessed by clicking on the customer’s name or the “…” menu at the end of the line.
Customers who have requested membership in a customer group will see an administration function appear above the navigation tabs, which you can use to reject or accept the customer for membership in the customer group. The customer will then receive information via e-mail. E-mail templates of the type customer group change rejected or customer group change accepted are used for this purpose.
If no choice is made, the customer is assigned to the standard customer group.
We have a wish that after this article about How to Register Customer Group in Shopware, you will find the best ways to set up your own online stores successfully!
not your workload
Simple, powerful tools to grow your business. Easy to use, quick to master and all at an affordable price.Get Started