How to Export Categories in Magento 2?
Like importing categories, exporting a large number of categories in a short time cannot be done in Magento 2 Default. The default version only allows you to export categories one by one. That requires a lot of time and effort, then probably impacting the store’s overall performance.
So what is the solution? What you need is an incredible extension that can shorten the process of exporting categories.
Now let’s explore this module and how to export categories in Magento 2 in the below post.
Table of Contents
- How to Export Categories in Magento 2?
To help store owners export many categories at once, Mageplaza has launched its Import/ Export Categories extension for Magento 2. The module is perfectly designed to effectively solve this issue, which helps lighten the store’s workload and boost productivity.
The Mageplaza Import / Export Categories extension for Magento 2 costs $99 with 12-month free support and a lifetime update. The company also provides a generous money-back policy (within 60 days) that can make merchants rest assured about their purchase decisions.
How to Export Categories in Magento 2?
Firstly, you need to go to Mageplaza.com, buy the Import/ Export Categories extension, and then install it for your online store. Now follow the below steps carefully to export categories in your Magento 2 shop.
- Step 1: Prepare to export product data
- Step 2: Configure the exported data
- Step 3: Export your data
Step 1: Prepare to export product data
Log in to the Magento Admin, then go to System > Export
- In the Export Settings section, choose Entity Type = Mageplaza Categories Export to begin exporting your categories
- Define the file format when exporting at Export File Format, choose CSV
- Fields enclosure: Click on the checkbox to enclose the value in the column. The default value is an apostrophe (“).
Step 2: Configure the exported data
- As step 1 is done, the Entity Attributes section will show up, listing all the properties available in alphabetical order.
- To look for categories by category or category codes, type the label/ code in the Attribute Label/ Attribute Code, then select the Search button
- To export only records with certain attribute values, type the value in the Filter column
- To not export properties, click on the checkbox in the Exclude column
Step 3: Export your data
- After completing Entity Attributes, scroll down and click on Continue on the lower-left corner of the page to implement the file export action.
- When prompted, choose Save to save the exported file
- Open the CSV file to check or adjust the exported data
Notice: If you want to have the Export file to import, take notice of these cases:
- If you want to adjust some of the export fields before you import, like store_id, parent, is_active, include_in_menu
- Store_id: In the Export file, the value of the fields is admins as you import it to “0”.
- Parent: Note that the value parent cannot be the same as the value of category_id.
- Is_active: In the Export file, the value of the fields is Yes/ No as you import it to change to 1/0.
- Include_in_menu: In the Export file, the value of the fields is Yes/ No as you import it into 1/0.
- If you have implemented the importing process, and still face the following errors, follow the instructions:
In the Export file, drag to the right to seek and remove the attribute_set_id, parent_id, path, product_count columns.
Here’s a notice when you import successfully:
That’s all about how to export categories in Magento 2 with the Import/ Export Categories extension from Mageplaza.
If you have any questions about this module, please leave them in the comment box. We’ll respond to you as soon as possible.
Thank you for reading!
not your workload
Simple, powerful tools to grow your business. Easy to use, quick to master and all at an affordable price.Get Started