20+ Best Shopify Apps to Increase Sales Quickly
Since its inception in 2006, Shopify has become the go-to solution for entrepreneurs looking to sell their products online. Not only is it easy to use, you’ll find thousands of apps built to help you effectively manage and grow your business.
However, finding the best Shopify apps for your business can be challenging.
Typing “email marketing” and no less than 100 apps will show up in the search results. Trying out these apps one by one until you find the right fit could be an endless puzzle.
So, what should you do now?
Let’s tackle this by taking the shortcut: ask us what are the best Shopify apps that pay for themselves and can take your sales to the next level!
Without any further ado, below is a list of 20+ best Shopify apps to increase your sales quickly!
Table of contents
- Before choosing a Shopify app
- Best Shopify apps to increase conversion and sales
- Best Shopify apps for email marketing
- Best Shopify apps for SEO
- Best Shopify apps for product reviews
- Best Shopify apps for social media marketing
- Best Shopify apps for customer service
- Best Shopify apps for payment plans
- The bottom line
Before choosing a Shopify app
Shopify alone is powerful. You can build stores, list products, start selling, and receive payments. But besides that, there’s a community that is always striving to optimize your store’s function. This leads to the Shopify app store, where there are currently thousands of apps available.
These apps are designed with many useful features to boost your sales. Plus, they’re developed by the most prestigious market experts or companies, so you don’t need to worry about the quality. You can quickly install the apps into your Shopify store with just a click of a button.
The apps you choose will have many effects on your store’s performance. Therefore, don’t make your decision too quickly before considering these factors:
Compatibility. You should check carefully if the app you want is compatible with other apps you have. It’s recommended to look through customer reviews and see if any store encountered compatibility problems after installing the app.
Website performance. Every time your website is loaded, the apps load as well. Therefore, check how heavy the app is before you purchase and install it.
Keep everything organized. Too many apps can be distracting. While each app is attractive in its own term, downloading everything is not the solution. Instead, test and choose the one you want to go with, one app at a time. Remember that you don’t need up to 3 chat apps to effectively communicate with your customers.
Check outdated apps. Time changes and tech developments are renewed every day. That’s why your choice of apps should be regularly updated for proper functionality.
Price. Many businesses choose an app based on its price. However, instead of choosing the cheapest one, you should consider your own budgets and specific features you desire. Inexpensive apps can be useful in a while, but if they can’t meet your requirements, it’ll mean nothing.
Now that you understand what to consider before adding an app to your Shopify store, let’s get to our list of 20+ best Shopify apps to increase sales right below.
Best Shopify apps to increase conversion and sales
1. AVADA Boost Sales
AVADA Boost Sales is undoubtedly a robust solution to boost your conversion and sales. The app is specifically designed to skyrocket your sales with a countdown timer, trust badges, sales pop, and many more.
Below are some powerful features that users love about AVADA Boost Sales:
Sales pop. By notifying activities such as purchases, view pages, reviews, add-to-cart, sign-up, etc., via live popup, AVADA Boost Sales helps build more trust and create FOMO (Fear of Missing out) to motivate customers to place more orders.
Countdown timer. This feature is also called promotional sale countdown, countdown sales timer, or custom counter. The app displays a shopping clock to boost conversion rates and urges customers to place orders before running out of time.
Trust badges. The app enables stores to create trust badge certificates, trust badge images, or trust badge icons to inspire customer’s confidence, reduce concerns over payment security, and make them place orders without any hesitation.
Livechat. Integrate Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp to your store, provide real-time support, and improve customer satisfaction and conversion rate.
Sticky add-to-cart. This feature allows customers to quickly add products to their cart and reach checkout faster from every product page.
Theme compatibility. The app supports 9+ free themes, including Simple, Boundless, Venture, Debut, Narrative, Supply, Brooklyn, Minimal, Express, Bowie, etc.
Best of all, AVADA Boost Sales is entirely free! With a wide range of features, together with a friendly, knowledgeable, and professional support team, AVADA Boost Sales won’t disappoint you!
2. Adoric Popups & Sales Tools
Like AVADA Boost Sales, Adoric is a lead generation, conversion optimization platform that you can use to create pop-ups on your Shopify store. This app can help you seamlessly upsell your customers, collect marketing data, run promotions, and marketing campaigns.
To start using Adoric, you just need to head over to your store and install the app. With that taken care of, the next step is to build your first campaign. To do this, it’s necessary to pick up the popup template that you like. Keep in mind that you’re able to customize any of the templates just the way you want.
Once your design has been ready, you need to define your audience and set rules for your campaign. By rules, we mean defining how they’ll see it, and when they’ll see it. For instance, you can make your popup appear when a visitor is about to leave your website.
Key features of Adoric Popups & Sales Tools:
Tons of templates. You can choose between dozens of suggested layouts, from neat and sleek large pop-ups to more minimal and concise notification sliders.
Drag & drop builder. It’s easy to drag images, animated GIFs, and vector elements into the editor. Your elements will be stored so you can use them for any new campaign.
Countdown. This FOMO tool helps urge your visitors towards engagement. You can set a general end date and use it as a one-time scarcity feature.
Exit Intent. The app shows a campaign whenever the user is trying to bail out from your website. This option is also available on mobile devices.
Mobile and tablet-optimized. You don’t need any manual building of mobile & tablet variations. Adoric will help you automatically get mobile & tablet ready variations with a click of a button.
- Free Plan
- Essentials Plan: $29/ month
- Standard Plan: $79/ month
- Pro Plan: $199/ month
3. PushEngage Push Notifications
Most of the time, visitors do not convert in a single visit. You need to re-engage them efficiently and bring them back to your website. Plus, you need to keep them updated about your products and brand. And one of the best ways to re-engage them is to use push notifications.
With PushEngage, you can complete that task easily and quickly. The app allows you to send custom notifications on your Shopify site to combat cart abandonment and re-engage with visitors when they are on the site, ultimately driving more traffic.
The best thing is that you can easily install PushEngage with one click.
So, with PushEngage, you can:
- Set auto-trigger for abandoned carts with a single click. Plus, it’s easy to send customized push notifications to users at any time interval.
- Alert your visitors when there is a drop in your price.
- Auto-update users when a product is back in stock
- Send notifications to well-targeted segments for higher open rates
- A/B test different notifications to choose the better one
- Track the goals of web push campaigns
- Free Plan
- Business Plan: $29/ month
- Automation Plan: $79/ month
Best Shopify apps for email marketing
4. AVADA Email
AVADA Email Marketing is considered the most outstanding and reasonable solution among many Shopify email marketing apps. The app is powerful for any merchants that want to convert their customers and build long-life customer relationships.
With an intuitive interface, AVADA Email Marketing is easy to use for even novice users. For anyone with little or no designing skills, the app offers ready-to-use email templates to help you save a huge amount of time and effort.
With its advanced segmentation tools, you can target specific audiences to get the best possible results. Moreover, as the app is designed to optimize abandoned cart campaigns, it follows up with your prospects and reminds them to continue their purchase.
Key features of AVADA Email Marketing:
Abandoned Cart Email/ Abandoned Cart Recovery. AVADA Email Marketing automatically sends emails to remind your customers to recover their carts.
New subscribers. Send a warm welcome email series when someone creates an account on your website. It also follows up when someone unsubscribes your website and makes them go back with appealing offers.
Email templates. You don’t need to spend hours making an email. Instead, you apply pre-made email templates for every campaign.
Email editor. Without technical or design skills, you can edit your emails easily with a drag-and-drop editor.
Segmentation. Send emails to the target audiences with segmentation functions. Classify your contact list into various groups based on different conditions, such as order status, subscribe/ unsubscribe, product attribute, etc.
Transactional emails. Send shipment confirmation, order confirmation, return email, and PDF invoice email.
Cross-selling and upselling. Motivate first-time buyers to purchase more related products or higher-end items with appealing offers and promotions.
Exit-Intent Popups, Add-to-cart popup, and Spin to Win. With these tools, you can quickly collect emails, deliver discount coupons, and draw attention to other content on your page.
Reports. With multiple KPIs, including sent, opened, clicked, subscribed, unsubscribed, you can keep track of your email performance via its comprehensive and detailed reports.
- Free Plan
- Pro Plan: $9/ month
Started as an email marketing platform for Shopify stores, Omnisend has recently added more channels to its app, including SMS, Facebook Messenger, push notifications, and more.
The app not only provides elegant email automation, but also synchronizes all of your marketing channels under one roof. So, you don’t have to log into multiple dashboards and recreate the wheel many times. Moreover, the app can eliminate the guesswork with flexible customer segmentation, including segments based on email campaign and shopping behavior.
Key features of Omnisend:
- Drive sales at scale across various channels
- Send newsletters and targeted campaigns
- Improve your targeting with robust segmentation
- Build your email & SMS lists
- Offer mobile-friendly and fully customizable signup forms
- Free Plan
- Standard Plan: $16/ month
- Pro Plan: $99/ month
- Enterprise: Custom price
Like Omnisend, Klaviyo offers an entire suite of tools necessary for email marketing, including signup forms, robust segmentation, email campaigns, and marketing automation across various channels.
The app offers a comprehensive analysis of your marketing campaigns’ efficiency, and evaluates the tendency of customers’ purchase behavior. Moreover, Klaviyo assists in designing email templates, matching your site’s images and messages well. It can also connect directly with Facebook accounts, in which you’re able to update your photos instantly when posting on your website.
Key features of Klaviyo:
- Recapture lost sales with premade email flows, including abandoned cart and winback emails
- Offer more than 100 pre-built integrations, ranging from shipping solutions to rewards programs
- Combine data from Shopify and other apps to segment your audience, as well as send personalized, super-targeted email campaigns
- Seamlessly sync customer lists and segments to Facebook and Instagram to target the right audience
- Send timely text messages to audiences who prefer receiving texts over emails
Pricing plan: Free to install (free up to 250 email contacts)
Read more: 12+ Best Shopify Email Marketing Apps
Best Shopify apps for SEO
7. SEO Image Optimizer
You may find your website loads too slowly and ranks at a low position on search engine results pages (SERP), and you don’t know why. As a matter of fact, many reasons are causing that problem. Perhaps your high-quality images are too heavy to load, social connections to your website are not strong enough, or your links are broken.
That’s when Shopify SEO Image Optimizer comes in handy! This app is a cost-effective and comprehensive solution to optimize your website.
With AVADA SEO Image Optimizer, you’re able to auto-insert ALT tags to your images and compress them to boost your site’s loading speed. Plus, Google can understand your page content easier and then prioritize it on the searching result page with auto-add Google structured data.
Below are the key features that AVADA SEO Image Optimizer offers:
Image optimization. Optimize and compress images to boost loading speed, while keeping their quality unchanged.
Google structured data. Support auto-add Google structure data for better ranking results.
Meta tags & rules. Optimize meta titles and descriptions automatically.
Site verification. Verify your site authority with different search engines.
Social meta. Add social meta to show previews of your page on social channels (Facebook, Google, Twitter…).
Redirect 404 pages. Allow redirecting 404 pages (404 broken links, 404 not found) to a specific URL.
HTML sitemap. Helps visitors navigate your website easily.
SEO analysis. Offer thorough SEO analysis on your product pages with problem reports and improvement solutions.
Integration with best Shopify apps
Pricing plan: Free
8. Plug in SEO
Trusted by more than 30,000 stores worldwide, Plug in SEO by SureSwift Capital should be the next choice in your success journey.
This all-in-one solution can check, fix, and optimize your SEO, helping your site rank higher in search engine results. In this way, attracting more customers will no longer be a tough mission.
Plug in SEO textcomes packed with a lot of features that will help improve the visibility of your website on search engines, including:
- Templating that allows you to bulk edit SEO data like meta titles and meta descriptions
- Check and fix SEO issues, such as improper H1, H2, H3, etc headings, image ALT tags, filenames, duplicate page titles and page descriptions
- Track rankings, organic traffic analytics with built-in Google Search Console (Webmaster Tools)
- 404 broken link redirects
- Create SEO content with keyword research, then optimize blog keywords and product descriptions for organic search terms
- Free Plan
- Plus Plan: $20/ month
9. SEO Manager
Everything you want to optimize SEO for your website is now packed within one single app - SEO Manager by venntov. This versatile app offers more than 20 practical features, with 15 of which are specifically designed to SEO managers.
Before you start, the app provides a step-by-step tour that guides you through its pool of features along with comprehensive documents. Next, it will automatically identify and fix 404 errors for your website. You can look back on your SEO problems if you want, thanks to emails with instant feedback on your SEO efforts.
Key features of SEO Manager:
- Detect SEO problems and ALT text issues
- Allow customizing titles and description
- Give recommendations to fix SEO problems automatically
- Identify and correct 404 errors automatically
- Provide JSON-LD and local business structured data
- Submit store’s sitemap to Google automatically
- Work well with Google Search Console, Kit, and Bing
Note: JSON-LD is a lightweight “Linked Data” format that encodes your website data to be easier to understand for all of the other machines on the Internet, including search engines like Google.
Pricing plan: $20/ month
Read more: 24+ Best Shopify SEO Apps Free & Paid
Best Shopify apps for product reviews
10. Product Review - Photo Reviews
We would like to mention another app of AVADA Commerce because of its top-notch features. Although the company has just appeared recently, it rapidly becomes the top new names in the E-commerce space, thanks to its high-quality apps and stellar customer service.
Product Review - Photo Reviews is an excellent app that helps your Shopify store boost conversions by displaying dedicated feedback from previous customers. To be specific, the app offers the following features:
- Customers can upload various photos at one with high-quality and original image size
- Admin can select review blocks lively on the frontend. Just open any page on frontend and insert the review section directly, visually on it
- Collect and manage submitted reviews easily by sending email reminders to customers who haven’t left a review or left a review without photos
- Keep track of customer reviews, as well as email reminder results by Advanced Report function
- Admin can reply to customer reviews right at the backend
- Show Review floating button at different positions on desktop and mobile
- Customers can share their reviews on social networks
- Limit the display of review widget on specific domains
By doing so, Product Review - Photo Reviews helps grow your customer trust significantly. The more trustful reviews you’ve got, the more chances customers click and buy.
Pricing plan: Free
11. Stamped.io Product Reviews UGC
Stamped.io is another E-commerce management platform that offers excellent customer review functions. The app is specifically designed to build trust and social proof in your store to boost conversion rates and sales.
Product Reviews UGC by Stamped.io provides an in-email review request form to generate more customer reviews. This lets store owners be proactive in collecting reviews from their customers. Customers can leave their reviews directly in the email, meaning they don’t need to click through another form, hence lowering the barrier to action.
Key features of Stamped.io Product Reviews UGC:
- Collect site reviews, photo review, Q&A, Instagram & checkout reviews easily
- Push reviews to social channels
- Encourage customers to write and submit informative, high-quality reviews with Stamped Smart Assists
- Offer watermark customer photos
- Be available in more than 15 languages
- Free Plan
- Basic Plan: $23/ month
- Premium Plan: $49/ month
- Business Plan: $119/ month
12. Loyalty, Wishlist, Reviews UGC by Growave
Growave is an all-in-one marketing platform that empowers your Shopify store with loyalty programs, wishlists, product reviews, referrals, social login, and UGC.
Many users are afraid that integrating too many apps into their Shopify store may slow down the loading speed because of code conflicts. With Loyalty, Wishlist, Reviews UGC by Growave, however, you’ll get all the essential tools from one place.
The app lets you customize texts, language, and colors based on your brand theme. It’s fully compatible with GDPR and doesn’t share your data with third-parties. You can contact its customer support team via email, live chat, or phone.
Key features of Loyalty, Wishlist, Reviews UGC by Growave:
- Build trust with visual product reviews, Q&A, and boost sales via UGC
- Send automated and customizable review request emails to collect verified photo reviews
- Showcase review ratings on Google
- Create point and reward programs with discounts, in-store cash and free products
- Reduce cart abandonment rate with feature-rich wishlist
- Easy login with 1 click using Google, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo. Tumblr, and Amazon account, or by an email address
- Free Plan
- Starter Plan: $29.99/ month
- Growth Plan: $69.99/ month
- Enterprise Plan: $299.99/ month
Read more: Top 15+ Best Shopify Product Review Apps
Best Shopify apps for social media marketing
As its name suggests, Instafeed is an Instagram marketing app for Shopify.
With Instafeed, you can use your Instagram content to automatically drive fresh content to your store. You can show off your Instagram content the way you like, making it blend seamlessly with your store’s design.
There is a lot of cool stuff you can do with Instafeed, including:
- Show your Instagram content on your Shopify store to create social proof
- Expand the reach of your Instagram to your store visitors, and get more followers and likes
- Image and video support
- Custom number of columns and rows for mobile
- Tag products on your posts and create shoppable Instagram feeds
- Filter your posts by hashtags
- Publish multiple Instagram feeds with up to 3 feeds
- Compatible with all themes and devices
- Free Plan
- Instafeed Pro Plan: $3.99/ month
- Instafeed Plus Plan: 419.99/ month
As an AI (Artificial Intelligence) app, Kit lets you run successful Facebook and Instagram ads without spending so much time. Simply send several messages to Kit via Facebook Messenger or SMS, you can instantly run your ads!
Exclusive to Shopify merchants, Kit helps small businesses overcome three significant challenges:
- No time to learn or execute marketing
- No or limited budget to hire a marketing expert
- No experience in online advertising to drive traffic and make sales
Kit will look at your products, visitors, and customers to make informed recommendations for your next marketing move. Below is what Kit can do for you:
- Create dynamic Facebook ads and retarget shoppers most likely to buy
- Build lookalike audiences in order to ensure the best targeting for your ads
- Set up Facebook and Instagram ads that drive sales
- Send customized “thank you” emails to generate repeat purchases
- Create and promote discount codes in order to acquire and retain customers
- Generate quick reports to provide detailed insights on sales and marketing performance
Pricing plan: Free. You’ll be billed directly through your Facebook ad account for ads that you run on Facebook or Instagram using Kit.
Outfy provides a fantastic way to improve the social reach of products, drive traffic, and boost overall sales. The app helps product promotion in 6 social networks under a single canopy.
It is packed with various features that are responsive, versatile, and cost-effective for small business owners. They include:
- Promote your products on different social media networks and reach more customers easily, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube
- Create eye-catching product collages, videos, animated gifs, stunning ads, and sales promotions with ease
- The autopilot feature helps you automatically curate and push your posts, so you can save a huge amount of time
- Offer customized and themed templates to help you create promotional content that is engaging and striking within minutes
- Create better hashtags for your products and expose them to more audiences
- Free Plan
- Starter Plan: $15/ month
- Pro Plan: $30/ month
- Ultimate Plan: $60/ month
Best Shopify apps for customer service
Strong brands understand that one of the best ways to generate new sales is keeping current customers happy. Claiming itself to “centralize all your customer service channels in one place”, Gorgias encourages that customer happiness by making support experiences satisfying and straightforward.
With Gorgias, your customer support team can have a true all-in-one help desk experience across email, phone, live chat, Facebook, etc. Many Shopify stores use this app to reduce ticket first response time and boost their support teams’ efficiency.
Gorgias has an effective integration with Shopify and Shopify Plus, so that you can see order details for a customer, refund, cancel, or duplicate orders without leaving the help desk app.
Key features of Gorgias:
- Manage conversations from email, phone, live chat, and social channels in one helpdesk
- Use pre-made templates that include customer data like order and shipping details to address any question in 2 clicks
- Automate 40% of your support
- Integrate other apps to your customer support app: loyalty, payment, and shipping
- Basic Plan: $60/ month
- Pro Plan: $300/ month
- Advanced Plan: $750/ month
17. Reamaze Live Chat & Helpdesk
Reamaze is a helpdesk, live chat, chatbot, ticketing, and FAQ help center platform for E-commerce. The app connects all your communication channels to manage your customer service in one place.
The app integrates natively with Shopify, so you can instantly access order data. It also allows you to edit/ create orders, process refunds, cancellations, update order/ customer data within support conversations.
Key features of Reamaze Live Chat & Helpdesk:
- Manage your communication channels in one place
- Access customers’ Shopify data quickly
- Measure your customer service team’s revenue and sales impact
- Reduce customer service time via automation & bots
- Integrate with multiple apps to smooth your business operation
- Basic Plan: $29/ month
- Pro Plan: $49/ month
- Plus Plan: $69/ month
- Enterprise Custom Plan: $899/ month
18. Tidio Live Chat
As an all-in-one app, Tidio Live Chat is designed for smart E-commerce businesses looking to interact with their visitors in real-time, generate leads, and increase sales.
By adding Tidio to your Shopify store, you can let your customers contact you in real-time. Even when you’re offline, bots will automatically reply to popular inquiries that you set up upfront. Easy to install and use, Tidio also integrates well with a wide range of tools and online platforms, including HubSpot & WordPress.
Key features of Tidio Live Chat:
- Add Tidio to your Shopify store within less than 30 secs
- Get all your communication channels in one panel
- Enable bots and increase sales
- Offer a modern widget design that suits any website
- Support for more than 20 integrations
- Free Plan
- Communicator Plan: $18/ month
- Chatbots Plan: $18/ month
Related topic: Top 10 Best AI Chatbot for Enterprise Customer Service
Best Shopify apps for payment plans
19. PayWhirl Recurring Payments
With textPayWhirl Recurring Payments, your customers can manage their own account details, update their payment and credit card info, add/ remove payment plans, and purchase subscriptions by themselves. This will save time for you and reduce friction for your customers.
You can rest assured with its cloud-based, scalable infrastructure that powers your subscriptions and recurring payments.
Key features of PayWhirl Recurring Payments:
- Save payment methods and offer new payment options to your customers
- Let customers purchase and manage their own subscription plans
- Offer customizable design
- Built for mobile compatibility
- Integrates seamlessly with Shopify checkout, orders, and themes
- Free Plan
- Pro Plan: $9/ month
- Plus Plan: $49/ month
- Ultimate Plan: $249/ month
20. Recurring Order & Subscription
Recurring Order & Subscription lets shoppers purchase subscriptions, buy using payment plans, or pay invoices without login or registration. For subscription users without an account who want to cancel, they can do so quickly by clicking the unsubscribe link in their subscription confirmation email.
Instead of billing customers automatically, the app lets business owners automatically generate invoices that customers can then pay using whatever method they choose at the time. Customers don’t need to remember to make changes or updates to their payment methods in their accounts.
Key features of Recurring Order & Subscription:
- Automatic invoices
- 0% fee for subscription billing
- No customer login/ registration required
- No more separate carts for different subscriptions
- Appropriate taxes and shipping charges applied
- Reminder emails for subscribers
- Fully customizable subscription app
- Free Plan
- Beginner Plan: $15.95/ month
- Basic Plan: $19.95/ month
- Pro Plan: $29.95/ month
21. Split - Partial Payments
In the E-commerce world, you cannot purchase an item using multiple payment methods like in brick-and-mortar stores. Split - Partial Payments is an app that can change that, making it easier for customers to split payments either between different cards, or even between numerous people.
The app offers the following features:
- Customers can split payments or share them with others
- 0% payment fee
- Up-to-date transactions log
- Allow creating and emailing invoices to customers manually
- Free Plan
- Basic Plan: $9.95/ month
- Unlimited Plan: $29.95/ month
The bottom line
There you have it - 20+ best apps that will help boost your sales on Shopify.
Of course, there are a lot of other alternative apps you can try out. However, before you install any app, remember to consider your business budget and goals, as well as check reviews left by other store owners.
So, in your opinion, which are the best apps to increase sales for your Shopify store? Feel free to suggest them and let us know right below!