13+ Best Magento POS systems in 2020
If you’re running an eCommerce business, it must be really thrilled every time you see someone makes a purchase and fulfills their payment. But, suppose your customers have trouble during the purchasing process that disables them to buy anything, or your store can’t handle any sales transaction, then what?
Tag yourself. If you’re suffering from this headache, you probably lack a Point of Sales (POS) system that can make your life more comfortable with the transaction process and sales data tracking. You’re not alone, it’s reported that 56% of retailer stores are not using POS.
Now, it’s time to think outside the box.
Trying something new, especially new technology, has never been easy, but it’s definitely tempting. Especially if your online store is operating from the roof of Magento, a POS system is a powerful asset. It helps make sure all the operations of your Magento store run more smoothly.
I’m talking about Magento, yes - one of the most powerful platforms out there. If you have a good POS system executing in sync with your Magento store, you can make sure all your operations are running smoothly, and double sales transactions are not a daydream but possibly happens.
In this article, I’ll help you quickly get to know the best POS systems and then run a final choice for your business.
Table of Contents
- What is a Point of Sale (POS) system?
- How to choose the best Magento POS system for your business?
- 13+ best Magento POS systems you can’t ignore
- 1. Magento POS system by Connect POS
- 2. Magento 2 POS system by Acid POS
- 3. Magento 2 POS system by Amasty
- 4. Magento POS system by Magestore
- 5. Magento POS system by Webkul
- 6. Magento POS system by Ebizmarts
- 7. Magento POS system by Boost My Shop
- 8. Magento 1 POS system by IWD
- 9. Magento 2 POS system by Magespacex
- 10. Magento 2 POS system by Wyomind
- 11. Magento 2 POS system by Mosaic Tech Consult
- 12. Magento 2 POS system by AgileCodex
- 13. Magento 2 POS system by Landofcoder
- 14. Magento Retail POS system by Lightspeed
- So which POS system is your final decision?
What is a Point of Sale (POS) system?
A POS system short for a Point of Sale system - is a place where customers make payments for products or services from an online store. Whenever customers make a purchase on your store, they’re completing a point of sales transaction. Indeed a POS system is a combination of both hardware and software that assists your store in processing sales efficiently.
A Magento POS is a purpose-built and cost-focused point of sale solution for Magento merchants. Magento POS can revitalize various aspects of a Magento store, such as speeding checkout and sales conversion, supporting selling on multiple locations and channels, and more.
Magento POS is compatible out-of-the-box with Magento features and is made for a wide range of business types, including fashion & apparel, accessories, food & drink, homeware, sports, and more.
To have an in-depth understanding of POS, let’s dig deeper into its two main components: hardware and software.
- Hardware: The hardware basically consists of a central computer terminal and several devices, so-called peripherals, which can be barcode scanners, card machines, or receipt printers. These peripherals are connected to the central terminal wirelessly or by using cables.
- Software: Depending on your business requirements, you can install a POS software directly on your computer terminal or set it up in the cloud to monitor your business performance and track sales from various locations. POS software can help with inventory management for retailer stores and record its cash flow automatically.
With a POS system, you can keep track of the delivery and all the product transactions in your store. Therefore, you can continually update how many products you sell, whom you sell to, and how much you get. In case a specific product is out of stock, you will immediately know by seeing the system’s record and restock on time. No more tedious tasks, using POS can save you time and effort effectively. Furthermore, this electronic tracking of sales helps you to monitor your business performance easily with a higher degree of accuracy.
Simply put, store owners can efficiently check additional sales conducted by each employee, while employees can also track their own sales statistics to know whether they’re doing good or bad.
How to choose the best Magento POS system for your business?
Whether you own an established online store or just a new walker on the road, choosing the right POS system is critical for your business’s success.
It might be challenging for Magento retailers to find out a perfect Point of Sale (POS) system, especially the new ones. The first obstacle can be that you feel overwhelmed by the number of POS system providers and extensions after diving into plenty of researches on the Internet. The second one goes to the amount of knowledge and information floating around when you read about Magento POS.
But don’t worry!
Some following key takeaways will guide you not to stuck with your final decision.
The first thing to pay attention to is which type of Magento POS system you should choose as not all Magento POS systems are created similarly. In general, there are two most common differentiators: cloud-based POS systems vs. local server POS systems.
Here’s an easy-to-understand explanation:
- A local server POS system - also known as traditional or legacy POS system, operates on closed networks, and the data is stored on local servers. It means that you can access and manage your data at the place where the system is located.
- A cloud-based POS system, on the other hand, stores the data online that enables you to monitor and manage your business operations online wherever you are and automatically as well.
Another difference is that the server of many local server POS systems requires updates manually on-site. In contrast, a cloud-based POS system can be updated automatically by providers without on-site visits for manual updates. It’s quite easy to install and set up a cloud-based POS system. Many providers charge a low monthly fee, and it’s also cheaper to upfront.
Now, let’s move to some essential considerations to choose a POS system:
1. What is your business type?
Many Magento POS systems offer plentiful features enough for assisting any business. If you decide on using one of them, it’s more likely that the features you need are at your disposal. However, it’s more important to narrow down the list of choices by focusing on what your business really needs. Different business types have different needs. A POS system works well for another business that doesn’t mean it’s undoubtedly good for your business. That’s the case, and your business type determines your POS system.
2. Essential features
You might be tempted to choose a POS system with many features or in a top-reviewed on the market. However, it would be best if the system’s features match well what you’re looking for, and the vendor has capabilities to scale up with you. Before searching for some candidates, list down the functionalities you want your business to have, and the features enable them. Make sure the POS you are going to use is up to par. In other words, at least it should have essential features like sales reporting, customer marketing, customer management, inventory management, and employee management.
For example, if you’re a retailer, a retail POS system with the following features is a good choice:
- eCommerce integration
- Loyalty programs
- Inventory management
- Order and product management
- Shipping features
- Customizable SKUs
- Gift cards
Calculate how much your new POS is going to cost so that it won’t hurt your budget. Many POS providers offer a free trial and, then you will have to pay a monthly subscription fee or one-time licensing fee to continue using the POS software. Some of the extensions are free, but most of them will cost extra fees. It’s common if the vendors charge you for the upgrade or technical support.
In case you need some hardware, such as a cash register or receipt printer, along with the money spent on these kinds of stuff, you need to take into account the monthly fees to process credit or debit card transactions on your store.
Unless you do need advanced functions and settings, it’s fine not to pay much attention to support. But if you want to grow your business with the POS system, you can’t ignore support that the vendor can provide you.
Be realistic about how much support you’ll need both for the current operation of the POS and advanced upgrade later. Ask the vendor whether they can meet your requirements and remains a firm commitment.
As you don’t know what will happen when the system is running on your store, make sure you can get technical support whenever you need it. At the very least, if you’re totally new to POS and have no idea about running the system, it would be best if getting some on-site or direct training. Some providers will offer you over-the-phone training. So remember to ask if your vendor has this service available and give it more notice if they say “yes” to make sure you don’t miss out on anything important.
5. Look for proof
One of the easiest ways to know if a POS system is good or bad is listening to what former users say about it. You can find reviews on the forum, the vendors’ websites, or simply search “Top POS systems’ reviews” on Google, and you’ll get an ocean of information. Ask for a professional’s opinion about the POS you’re going to choose is a good way to start off.
13+ best Magento POS systems you can’t ignore
ConnectPOS creates one of the most feature-rich and intuitive cloud-based POS solutions, especially for omnichannel retailers. One outstanding feature of this extension is that it allows the retailers to monitor multiple store branches with only a few steps. It helps online retailers to control over the inventory and logistic better and keep the whole process away from any ambiguities.
The retailers will relieve a lot of burdens in the warehouse management as ConnectPOS keeps track of all the activities as well as changes here. Given that, they’ll better understand how their business is performing through ConnectPOS POS’s smart, insightful reports on products, customers, and sales.
- Sync inventory data between multiple stores
- Support barcode
- AI product recommendations with facial recognition
- Enable searching for products by name, ID, SKU, or barcode
- 3-step Checkout
- Allow checking out on multiple devices
- Synchronize tax setting with Magento tax rules
- Support Magento coupon codes, gift cards, and reward points
Pricing: simple, straightforward, no hidden fees. Offer a 15-day free trial.
Annually payment plan:
- Standard plan: $39 per device/month
- Advanced plan: $69 per device/month
- Premium plan: $89 per device/month
Monthly payment plan:
- Standard plan: $49 per device/month
- Advanced plan: $79 per device/month
- Premium plan: $99 per device/month
Acid POS Point of Sale system is a good choice for Magento eCommerce retailers to streamline their inventory and customer management. It consolidates your retail management and online store operations so that you can control your entire business in one place.
Especially the system gives you granular inventory control that allows you to manage suppliers, purchase orders, track inventory, handle out-of-stock, and calculate inventory valuation.
Acid POS supports a wide range of business and goods, including apparel & accessories, footwear, sporting goods, gift shop, art stores, and more.
- Ultra-fast checkout process
- Real-time superior inventory and sales management
- Process sales transactions portably with an ACID tablet
- Enable online, in-store or offline payments
- Support refunds, returns, exchanges, voids
- Boost omnichannel experience
- Accept all card types, no extra fees
Pricing: different price options and plans for different types of retail stores
Startup (smaller retail store):
- 1 register
- 1 store location
- Up to $20K monthly sales
Retail (single or multi-stores):
- Multi registers
- eCommerce ready
- Unlimited sales
- ERP system connectors
- eCommerce customization
- API calls and syncing
Amasty Point Of Sale for Magento 2 is currently developing a good solution for eCommerce business owners to connect their online store with physical shops. This new extension will make the entire business operation online and offline synced and processed smoothly. Customers usually search for products online through online websites, Facebook, or Instagram stores to buy online or before going to offline stores.
It’s unfortunate that they ask for a product that is told to be available online, but actually out-of-stock in physical stores. Magento 2 POS by Amasty solves this problem by synchronizing all essential information about products, orders, and customers between your online and offline stores. You can check the availability of goods in real-time by using barcode or product attributes. Checkout is also no longer a nightmare for customers as they have flexible payment options, with card or cash.
- Search for products by scanning barcode or using product attributes
- Complete the checkout process quickly with different payment methods
- Connect POS system with cash drawer
- Enable staff to apply coupons, gift card, or discounts for clients
- Sync unlimited offline stores with your online store
- Create multiple users and manage customers’ accounts with ease
- An in-depth report on the dashboard
Magestore joins the top list with an intuitive, powerful, and user-friendly POS system. With the help of this POS system, you can handle up to 100,000 SKUs and 100,000 customers, as well as deal with 12,000 orders per hour. This capability makes the system preferred more by large-scale online retailers.
Another good point of the Magestore POS system is that it works like a native app. With a URL and a browser, you’re ready to master this app-level POS without having to download or install anything. You can add the app to your home screen right away to access anytime.
Furthermore, the system has no trouble with selling on multiple channels and stores. It synchronizes all the necessary data of products, inventory, orders, and customers between the online sites and brick and mortar stores. Order and inventory management becomes much more efficient and easier for you, as a result.
- Sync all the data in real-time between online websites and offline stores
- Work smoothly on all devices and browsers
- Support flexible payment methods both offline and online
- Take less than 10 seconds to load data
- Add POS to the home screen with one tap and access anytime
- An accurate and friendly checkout procedure
- one-time payment, use lifetime.
- Free lifetime update
- 1-year support
Webkul Magento POS extension is a great tool that substantially reduces the burdens when managing multiple brick and mortar stores simultaneously. This extension allows you to manage offline and online stores separately while the data from the online website and all physical stores will get synced with the POS outlet, which allows store staff to do multiple tasks with ease. It streamlines tedious day-to-day activities in a retail store.
Besides, this system allows you to divide the payment into cards and cash. Customers can opt for their favorite ways and complete the payment quickly.
- A simple and fast checkout process
- Real-time data synchronization
- Support offline mode
- Work in tandem with hardware like barcode scanner, receipt printer, and cash drawer
Pricing: $199, limited-time offer
Ebizmart is a native Point of Sale application that empowers you to sell whatever Magento products in your retail stores with a true omnichannel experience. You can become a master in both offline and online business with Ebizmart POS. Its seamless Magento integration enables you to synchronize all products, orders, and stock of your brick and mortar stores with your Magento websites and get real-time updates in terms of any change.
- Provide a flexible tax configuration system for every scenario
- Create different product prices based on customer groups
- Customize Ebizmart POS to match your store’s design
- Add details for products by uploading product images at your choice
- Flexibly enable gift cards online and in-store
- Search products by barcodes or OR codes with an external scanner or using iPhone/iPad camera
- Returns and refunds via any channel
Pricing: Offer three plans with different prices and a free trial, unlimited orders
- Plus: $49, suitable for small, single-person business.
- Profession: $69, for small shops with up to three devices
- Enterprise: $89, suitable for multi-store setups. With this plan, you can add additional devices when your business scale-up
Boost My Shop’s POS system for Magento enables you to manage your Magento stores without a headache. You can manage your store’s sales process smoothly through an easy-to-use touch-screens interface which is added to your Magento 2 back office. In terms of any change, Boost My Shop’s POS updates all information related to both in-store and online sales in one place.
For better sales management, sales reports are indispensable; and Boost My shop’s POS brings them all together at your disposal. In these sales reports, you can track all important data and figures, including best-sellers, transactions by payment methods, turnover, etc.
- Support barcode scanner to add products to the order
- Support various payment options, coupon codes, and custom pricing
- Allow creating order as a guest, existing, or new customer
- Print Z-reports
- Real-time in-depth sales reports
- Enable store pick-up
- Real-time in-depth sales reports
- Great POS UI/UX
- Allow multiple users from multiple websites
- Automatically generate and print bill/receipt (compatible with thermal printers)
- Apply different prices based on customer groups
Pricing: $439 excluding tax for Magento 1 Community
Two main additional services:
- Installation: $89
- Online training: $149
IWD creates an innovative POS extension that enables you to run your Magento stores with a mobile experience. This POS system support all standard Magento features and product types. In a user-friendly POS dashboard, you can search for products by SKU and product name, easily track, and find any product in product catalogs.
A quick view pop-up included in this POS system is incredibly useful for your product showcase. You can add product images, SKU, and product descriptions to the pop-up, which also makes it convenient for customers when browsing through your website for product information. Besides, customers can quickly move an item to the shopping cart with a simple click on the add-to-cart icon right on the pop-up.
- Work smoothly with standard Magento features and product types
- Add products and inventory in Magento stores automatically
- Support multiple shipping and payment methods
- Compatible out-of-the-box with different devices
- In-depth sales reports for POS and your website
- User-friendly POS dashboard
- Assist multiple Magento stores
- Access product details via a quick-view pop-up
- Allow checkout with three customer types: walk-in, new customers, or existing customer
- Support multiple hardware: USB credit card readers, barcode scanners, thermal receipt printers, etc.
Pricing: Starting at $0
Magespacex’s Magento 2 POS app helps you run your daily business smoothly and make sales effectively. The process of uploading products to your online store is no longer a technical headache as all products are visualized with thumbnails and neatly categorized. All you need to do is to click on the product thumbnails or scan barcodes to add products.
A noticeable feature of this POS system is its ability to work in offline mode. It enables you to create orders even when the Internet cuts out in the middle. All the data will get sync automatically when the connection is restored.
- Add products in a blink
- Allow creating orders offline
- Support online and offline different payment methods
- Quick product and customer search
- Add notes to customers’ receipts about discounts, care services, etc.
- Streamline inventory management with real-time tracking and updating data
- 100% open-source
If you want to improve sales for your Magento 2 stores, POS extension by Wyomind is a great option. No matter how many physical stores you own, this POS extension enables you to import all of your stores’ addresses into your Google Places account. A Google Map with all your points of sale with straightforward directions will appear on your website. Customers, therefore, can know which store is the nearest to them.
- Show unlimited stores on a Google Map
- Display directions to our store from anywhere you sell
- Responsive interface
- Create a specific page for each point of sales
- Personalize your stores’ display
- Easy to configure the POS system
Pricing: Starting at $105
Magento 2 POS extension by Mosaic Tech Consult aims at streamlining the checkout and payment process, which plays a vital role in improving customer experience and driving sales to your online store. Thanks to a fast-loading and native app-like payment process, your customers can pay for what they purchase quickly with multiple online and offline payment methods. The extension also makes your inventory management easier with seamless integration with native Magento extensions like Inventory Management, Reward, or Loyalty Programs.
- Using barcode to add products to cart quickly with a single click
- Inform customers about out-of-stock products to avoid adding them to cart
- Synchronize sales and transactions
- Able to hold transactions and update later
- Using Custom Sales to create orders
- Support offline mode to create orders and synchronize data when online
- Multiple offline and online payment methods
- Compatible with Magento 2 Reward Points, Gift Card, Store Credit
- Better order tracking and in-store management
AgileCodex Magento 2 POS extension focuses on the improvement of inventory management. That’s what makes it an ideal solution for online retailers who want to manage their store inventory more easily and efficiently. This extension comes with powerful features that simplify your inventory management, shoot up revenue, and also improve customer experience. AgileCodex POS for Magento 2 also has an essential feature that many users expect from a POS solution: it supports offline mode that enables creating orders even when the Internet drops out.
- User-friendly and easy-to-use POS interface
- Faster checkout process
- Provide detailed sales report for WebPOS sales
- Support offline mode
- Allow guest checkout
- Multiple payment gateways
- Seamless customer management
- Create multiple users and set permission control for each user
Pricing: $350, 60 days money back, 90 days free support, free lifetime updates
Landofcoder provides a feature-rich and powerful Magento 2 POS system that ensures your POS functionality to skyrocket your online sales and revenue. An interesting point about this POS system is that users don’t have to download or install anything but still can leverage all POS features in a form of service.
Landofcoder Magento 2 POS is encapsulated for many types of business in different scales. The system assists you in selling across many sales channels. It’s also hassle-free to sell offline or online. With the help of this extension, you can process a large number of customers even during peak time. It saves time for both you and your customers at the checkout process. Forget a long checkout line and create a great customer shopping experience with one of the top Magento POS system.
- Check out multiple products with easily and quickly both offline and online
- Insightful daily, weekly and monthly sale reports
- Better customer management
- Better inventory and order management with real-time updates
- Use barcode to identify products
- Set one or multiple barcodes for one product
- Track customers’ purchase history
- Multiple payment methods from smart online checkout to using cash
Pricing: simple and transparent, offer different packages
- POS Standard: $299 license
- POS Pro: $779 license
- POS VIP: customization by demand
Lightspeed POS for Magento is a cloud-based Point Of Sales system that offers all necessary tools to enhance inventory management and order processing. This module makes an intuitive connection between the Magento store and Lightspeed Retail. The automated process will sync product catalog details from Lightspeed to your Magento store and sales orders from the Magento store to Lightspeed. Therefore, the stock levels and status are updated constantly and accurately in your store, which is helpful for your online shoppers.
- Able to pull full Lightspeed catalog, stock levels, categories, products’ images, and more
- Live stock real-time bi-directional sync
- Push back completed orders with customers’ data to Lightspeed
- Use Lightspeed store inventory to sync order at your choice
- Able to use Lightspeed Vendors field as Brands attributes in Magento
- Support configurable products to create matrix products, size, and color
- Self-hosted one-time payment without middleman subscriptions
So which POS system is your final decision?
It can take your time to choose the most suitable system for your business, but it’s worthwhile if you choose the right one. An efficient POS system will have the ability to boost up your store’s performance and create a satisfying shopping experience for your customers, as a result. If you’ve been having a nerve-cracking time, deal with your store’s entire process, from inventory management, payments, purchase order, daily/monthly reports, and many more.
I hope that the recommendations above will help you to get along with Magento POS systems and consider an ideal option for your business.
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment.