Import Export Categories for Magento 2v4.0.2
Magento 2 Import / Export Categories Extension allows admins to add a large number of categories at once. This is a great solution to help store owners to simplify their workload and increase productivity.
- Need API/GraphQL for Magento 2 Import Export Categories? Chat now
- Imports categories in one time
- Download sample of Categories import files
- Data validation notification
- Ajax supported
- Categories Import behavior
Importing process of categories is still manual: In default Magento 2, store admins have to create categories one by one and fill in related data in each category.
Time-wasting when the updated data is large: With the large-scale business, the update in category data is constant and with a massive amount. In that case, importing each category one by one is really time-wasting and make store admins impatient and feel so inconvenient.
- Save a deal of time for store admins
- Not have to import each categories step by step
- Import a large number of categories
- Improve work performance
- Reduce workload
- Run more effectively and professionally
Imports various categories in one time
Instead of importing categories on by one, the store admins can import multiple categories in one time by importing CSV file.
This file will include all the data of various categories.
Download sample of Categories import files
A sample CSV file is supported in the admin backend so store.
The Magento 2 Import Categories extension provides administrators a sample CSV file to download to your computer. Then, they can absolutely fill in category data such as category ID, store ID, parent ID, name, description, category products and so on.
Data validation notification
To make sure a comprehensive imported file, admins are allowed to validate the data before clicking on Import button.
After checking the data, the detail notification on validation results will appear clearly with detailed results. If the file is perfect, the Import button will display and admins can import the data instantly. However, in case there are any errors occuring, admins need to fix these issues and then import again.
With Magento 2 Import Export Categories by Mageplaza, there is no action of redirecting or page reloading thanks to the support of Ajax.
With both exporting categories, after selected entity attributes, the categories can be downloaded immediately in the CSV format. Meanwhile, with importing data, with one click, the categories data can be uploaded quickly and importing process will be done without any reloading actions.
Choose your suitable edition
StandardCrafted for a great webstore start $ 99 first year
- Supports for Magento 2 Community Edition
EnterpriseGreat for an enterprise solution $ 299 first year
- Supports for Magento 2 Enterprise Edition
- Highest priority support
Mageplaza's Import / Export Categories supports importing and exporting via CSV files.
Yes, you can select the entity attribute label/ code before processing exporting the categories data.
Yes, you just need to enter the path to the image uploaded to the server. For example: e.g. var/export, var/import, var/export/some/dir
There are there types including Add/ Update, Replace and Delete.
In case after there is no error, you can click on Import button to import instantly the categories data. However, if there are error details, please fix them before importing.
Yes, you can do easily by filling in a number in “Allowed Errors Count” fields.
Saves you a lot of work when you moving from another shop system to Magento 2
When moving my store to Magento 2, I need to transfer the categories data too, but of course doing manually takes ages. This extension is a life-saver for me, thank you!
We have recently purchased this extension and it has been a very wonderful experience. After the installation, we had some compatibility issues and the team was on hand to fix it. Recommend Mageplaza to everyone. Cheers!
Gonna purchase more
We love this extension as we can validate the data before importing and if there is any issue, we can check then fix and import later. We are surely going to purchase more extensions from Mageplaza.
It really saves time because everything can be imported and exported from CSV files in a second. It's such a good helper. The extension is easy to employ too.
Save my time
Importing mass categories at once saves my time and effort. Never imagined such a solution exists. Thank you for this amazing extension. I figured out how to do it after asking the support team. They are absolutely amazing.
Leave a Review
All of the feature updates plan and status will be updated as soon as possible in our public Trello.View Mageplaza Extension Roadmap 2023 ->
Don't see the features you are looking for?Request feature
Want to do extension customization?Custom request
Let us know your requirements
v4.0.2 (Magento v2.4.x)
30 May 2023
- Compatible with Magento 246
v4.0.1 (Magento v2.4.x)
06 July 2022
- Compatible with Magento v2.4.4
v4.0.0 (Magento v2.4.x)
23 March 2021
Supported Magento v2.4
v1.0.3 (Magento v2.3.x)
10 November 2020
- Compatible with Magento v2.3.5
v1.0.2 (Magento v2.3.x)
08 July 2020
- Fixed minor bugs
v1.0.1 (Magento v2.3.x)
24 February 2020
- Fixed export categories error
v1.0.0 (Magento v2.3.x)
28 February 2019
- Select Entity Type: Mageplaza Categories Import
- Import Behaviors
- Select action of importing process: Add/Update, Replace, Delete
- Stop the import process or ignore errors when there are errors
- Enter the error number to pause the import process
- Enter the marker to separate fields in a column, in the value of a cell
- Enter the marker to enclose the value in a column
- Upload the input file to import categories
- Input the location for the image files if included in the input data
- Check data, validation results
- Fix the errors or if there is no error, go ahead with importing
- Compatible with Magento 2 extensions: Categories Permissions, Import & Export CMS Pages, Order Export, etc...
- Select Entity Type: Mageplaza Categories Export
- Select attribute label/ code of the exported file
- The exported data is recorded in CSV file
Why choose Mageplaza Magento 2 Import Export Categories
Mageplaza provides consistent and customer-centric extensions for your Magento 2 store.
We don't sell products for one time. We provide lifetime solutions which help our customers thrive with their businesses.
60-day Money Back
Extensive 60-day money-back period. You love it or get a full refund no questions asked.
Extensive Support Timeframe
Mageplaza provides support 16 hrs/day, 5.5 days/week to guarantee the seamless operation of our extensions on your store.
Install via Composer
Simple installation via composer helps you save time and eliminates technical issues during future updates.
Intensive update roadmaps ensure great performance, bug-free, highly compatible, and innovative extensions.