Magento 2 Currency Formatter extensionv1.0.0
Magento 2 Currency Formatter extension brings the flexibility in formatting the price currency appearance in Magento stores. With the support of Currency Formatter, customers from multi-nations will feel familiar to the price format and avoid risks of misunderstanding.
- Improve all available currencies at store sites
- Specify and place symbol of currency
- Easy to modify the thousands separator
- Define sign and digit for decimal separator
- Multi-positions of the minus sign
- Preview currency format
- Support multiple store views
- Applicable to both frontend and backend
- Looking for REST API, GraphQL? ETA: 2-4W Chat now.
You've just added this product to the cart:
You've just added this product to the cart:
Currency Formatter Pro
Problems and Solutions
In Magento 2 Default, the position of symbol is fixed in front of the price value. In fact, the position of currency symbols are different based on various countries. Many currencies in the English-speaking world and Latin America place it before the amount like this $20.00 but in many European countries such as France, Germany, Greece, Scandinavian countries, the symbol is usually placed after the amount like this 20.00€. Unfortunately, Magento default fails to change the position of the currency symbols.
Another issue in Magento default is that decimal separator is unchangeable(fixed as dot). However, different countries officially designate different symbols for the decimal separator. Therefore, it is necessary to make clear in this symbol to avoid misunderstanding of customers from different nations.
The minus character always stand in front of value in Magento defaut. However, in some specific cases, store owners would like to display it in other positions.
The number of decimal digits in Magento default is fixed as 0 and 2 depending on currencies. However, many stores demand to display the price as clear as possible to customers by showing more decimal digits
All the problems can be solved well with the support of Currency Formatter. The extension helps store owners can format the appearance of price to become more appropriate and friendly to visitors in different nations.
With Currency Formatter, the format of price becomes friendly, and they will no longer misunderstand between the meaning of comma or dot representing as a decimal separator or a thousands separator.
At each store view for each nation, the format of price is adjusted suitably to nation practice, which shows the profession and good customer care of the store.
Improve all available currencies at store sites
Currency Formatter extension improves performance of all available currencies are used at the store site. All prices with at any currencies will be displayed more clearly to customers and in a friendly way to the currency standards of each nation in the world.
Specify and place symbol of currency
Currency Formatter allows assigning any symbols for the price currencies at store. Store owners can flexibly use signs or abbreviations as currency symbols, for example, $ or USD for the US dollar.
More importantly, there are 5 positions for currency symbol correlated with price value including:
- Before value: The symbol in front of value without space. E.g, $100
- Before value with space: The symbol in front of value with space. E.g, $ 100
- After value: The symbol behind value without space. E.g, 100$
- After value with space: The symbol behind value with space. E.g, 100 $
- None: In case you do not want to show the currency symbol
Easy to modify the thousands separator
To make the price value more clear, using the thousands separator is necessary to separate the thousands groups. Depending on the custom of each nation, the sign of separator differs. Likewise, while the U.K. and U.S. use a comma to separate groups of thousands, many other countries use a dot instead, and some countries separate thousands groups with a thin space.
Understanding this difference, Currency Formatter offers 4 types of separators to meet any nations’ numeric format standards including:
- Space: a thin space between thousands groups, e.g, 12 467
- Dot: a small dot between thousands groups, e.g, 12.467
- Comma: a small comma between thousands groups, e.g, 12,467
- None: no separation between thousands groups, e.g, 12467
Define sign and digit for decimal separator
A decimal separator is a symbol used to separate the integer part from the fractional part of a number written in decimal form. Different countries officially designate different symbols for the decimal separator. With Currency Formatter, the sign of decimal can be set as a comma or a dot flexibly to match with the number standard in each nation.
Besides. the number of decimals can be set up easily at the admin backend. Store owners can display the accuracy levels of price value by adding specific decimal numbers after the integer part. For example, $15.1 for decimal number as 1, $15.11 for decimal number as 2
Multi-positions of the minus sign
In case you would like to display the discount, the minus sign is used. With Currency Formatter offers various options for the position of the minus sign. At the admin backend, you can place the minus sign flexibly:
- Before Value
- After Value
- Before Symbol
- After Symbol
AVADA Marketing Automation by Mageplaza (recommended)
All-in-one platform for email marketing that allows you to:
- Follow up and convert customers by Automation Campaigns: Welcome series, Abandoned Cart emails, Order follow up, Cross-sell, Upsell emails
- Promote your brand and quickly drive sales by sending mass Newsletter Emails
- Send your messages to the right people and increase conversions with Advanced Segmentation
- Collect leads and deliver promotions with stunning Signup Forms, and Spin to Win
Full Features List
For store admins
- Enable/ Disable the extension
- Add the symbol for a currency
- Set the position for the currency symbol
- Add the sign for the group separator
- Add the digits for decimal value
- Add the sign for decimal value
- Add the sign for minus value
- Add the position for minus sign
- Preview the changes via the backend example
- Price format is friendly to nation practice and standards
- Avoid misunderstanding price due to unfamiliar format
Yes, definitely. There are different choices to place currency symbol including: Before value, Before value with space, After value, After value with space, None (not show symbol)
Yes. You can change easily from “comma” to “dot” via the backend configuration.
At the admin backend, at Decimal Separator section, you can select sign as dot or comma. Then, at the Decimal Digit(s) section, you can select the number of separator digits from 0 to 4.
Yes, you can preview each modification at the backend easily with an example.