How to Enable Persistent Shopping Cart in Magento 2
In Magento 2 store, a persistent cart is one of the relatively effective features to decrease the abandonment cart. The persistent cart allows storing the product in the shopping cart the customers have not completed yet even when they sign out your site.
Today, I will demonstrate how to enable persistent shopping cart in Magento 2.
Let’s see how it work!
Reduce abandonment cart via the persistent cart
Almost of online customers will never have a final decision to buy although they are interested in your products. At that time, they will select the way to keep those items in their shopping cart. That is defined as the persistent shopping cart. With the persistent shopping cart, the incomplete checkout will continue without searching and interruption when the buyer come back.
Especially, don’t care about what device is used to checkout, the persistent shopping cart follows the user id and update exactly their carts. Therefore, regardless of the device as tablet or mobile, the transactions are always on hold to enhance their shopping experience with this continuance.
Therefore, Magento 2 stores can reduce abandoned carts significantly thanks to persistent carts.
How to enable persistent cart in Magento 2
To enable the persistent shopping cart in Magento 2 store, you need to do the following:
Login to Magento 2 Admin, go to menu
Stores -> Configuration -> Customers -> Persistent Shopping Cart.
Leave the check box
Use system valueempty
Choose “Yes” option for this field.
Set the time for the updating of the persistent cookie in the
Persistence Lifetimefield. The used default value is 31,536,000 seconds.
Enable Remember Me to show a checkbox on Login page that allows saving the shopping cart information.
It is optional if you want to set default option “Remember Me” once they login to your site.
Set “No” option for
Clear Persistence on Sign Outto ensure that all shopping cart information is saved.
Then, click on
Saveto enable the persistent shopping cart function on the storefront.
Persist Shopping Cartfield, select “Yes” if you want to keep the persistent cookie when the session cookie expires.
Explore Mageplaza’s extensions:
- Magento 2 Quick Cart
- Magento 2 Save Cart
- Magento 2 AJAX Cart
- Magento 2 Share Cart
- Magento 2 Abandoned Cart Email
That’s all about persistent shopping cart and how to make it work in the Magento 2 stores. I hope that this is a helpful guide for you. If you have any issue while following this tutorial or want to discuss more about Magento 2 persistent shopping cart, feel free to let me know.
Thanks for reading!
- How to create a simple Hello World module for Magento 2
- Magento 2 Block Template Ultimate Guides
- How to Create Module in Magento 2
- How to Create Controller in Magento 2
- How to create CRUD Models in Magento 2
- View: Layouts, Block and Templates
- Configuration - System.xml
- How To Create Admin Menu In Magento 2
- Admin ACL
Enjoyed the tutorial? Spread it to your friends!
People also searched for
- magento 2 how to enable persistent cart
- magento 2 enable persisten shopping cart
- persistent cart magento 2
- disable persistent cart magento 2
- magento persistent shopping cart disable
- persistent shopping cart magento 2 extension
- magento 2 persistent shopping cart guest
- persistent cart in magento 2
- magento 2 persistent shopping cart problem
- magento 2 disable persistent shopping cart
- 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 2.4.x