Magento 2 Cache and Page Cache Overview
Along with Magento\Cache library, Magento also uses Zend_Cache to interact with the cache Storage. In today’s post, let’s explore cache and page cache in Magento 2 together. I hope you find something useful in the below information.
When you first install your Magento store, the file system caching is enabled by default.
To change it, you can edit the
app/etc folder. Find the
cache_types and change the value of the array_key value (1 or 0).
The settings should look like this:
'cache_types' => array ( 'config' => 1, 'layout' => 1, 'block_html' => 1, 'collections' => 1, 'db_ddl' => 1, 'eav' => 1, 'full_page' => 0, 'translate' => 1, 'config_integration' => 1, 'config_webservice' => 1, 'config_integration_api' => 1, ), );
Page Cache Overview
In Magento, “page cache” means caching the entire page.
You can use the
Default Cache which stores cache files on
Another option is to use Varnish which Magento recommended.
Cacheable and uncacheable pages
By default, all pages are cachable.
If you don’t want a page to be cached. You can add the
cacheable="false" into the layout in any block.
- If any block in a layout is designated as uncacheable, the entire page is uncacheable.
Meaning if you add
default.xmllayout, your entire store will have no cache at all.
- Only HTTP GET and HEAD requests are cacheable. For more information about caching, see RFC-2616 section 13.
That’s all! I hope this post has helped you understand cache and page cache in Magento 2. If you want to know more about these elements, refer to the following related posts.
Thanks for reading!
- How to create a simple Hello World module for Magento 2
- Magento 2 Block Template Ultimate Guides
- How to Create Module in Magento 2
- How to Create Controller in Magento 2
- How to create CRUD Models in Magento 2
- View: Layouts, Block and Templates
- Configuration - System.xml
- How To Create Admin Menu In Magento 2
- Admin ACL
Enjoyed the tutorial? Spread it to your friends!
Hello, I’m the Chief Technology Officer of Mageplaza, and I am thrilled to share my story with you. My deep love and passion for technology have fueled my journey as a professional coder and an ultra-marathon runner. Over the past decade, I have accumulated extensive experience and honed my expertise in PHP development.
People also searched for
- magento cache
- page cache
- 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 2.4.x