13+ Most Popular Phone Monitoring Apps You Should Not Miss
The Internet was such a revolutionary invention to the world. It helps people have access to unlimited knowledge and entertainment. However, everything has two sides. The Internet, along with smartphones, makes people indulge in unhealthy or even illegal activities.
That’s why mobile phone monitoring apps are rampant these days. They come in handy to ensure the safety of your children, spouse, or close friends.
Now let us discuss some of the most common cell phone spying apps and identify their benefits and drawbacks. Hence, you can choose the most appropriate monitoring software.
Table of contents
- What Should You Consider Before Purchasing A Monitoring App?
- 13+ Most Popular Phone Monitoring Apps
What Should You Consider Before Purchasing A Monitoring App?
As there is a great number of cell phone spying apps, you might feel overwhelmed when having to choose a suitable one. Here are a few things you should take into consideration to have the right choice eventually.
It is essential to check whether the customer support of this app is good or not. If a website provides live chat support, try asking some questions related to the app, and see if they work effectively. Besides, you should ensure a phone number is functional if it is provided on the site.
If a virtual item doesn’t go with a clear refund policy, then the possibility of you wasting your money is quite high. Therefore, it is recommended that you should find companies that offer free trials. If you have chances to use apps, you can know how the product would turn out to be and determine which option is best for you.
13+ Most Popular Phone Monitoring Apps
1. mSpy (Best Choice)
mSpy is a mobile phone tracking software and monitoring app for iPhone/Android. It works seamlessly in the background without making the target device identify its existence. It tracks text messages, calls, location, WhatsApp, etc. without wasting much battery. Besides, you can remotely manage apps and programs.
- Tracks on call logs, location, emails, SMS, WhatsApp, and so on
- Gives users the information about using the dashboard
- Protects smartphones against theft
- The app works on both iPhone and Android devices.
- mSpy provides a 7-day free trial before installation
- The subscription plans are pricey.
- For tracking install messaging apps, you have to root an Android device.
- mSpy supports a restricted number of features for Android devices.
2. TheWiSpy Android Spyware
TheWiSpy is a premium spyware brand providing comprehensive Android monitoring solutions across various devices. It delivers quality mobile, and tablet monitoring features that anyone can use for personal, parental, and corporate use. TheWiSpy has introduced advanced spying features to enable parents to control and monitor their juveniles’ cellular devices.
- Monitors every online and offline activity of Android devices.
- Track the whereabouts of the target device and provide detailed reports on location history.
- Delivers high-end parental control features to restrict the cyberspace of teens and tweens.
- Sends instant alerts on live mobile activities such as ongoing phone calls, sent or received text messages, etc.
- Provides users with easy access to the recorded information via an online dashboard.
- There is no requirement of rooting the target Android phone/tablet to avail TWS features.
- It gives an online app demo to let TWS upcoming customers know better about the app functionality.
- TWS delivers advanced features at very affordable prices.
3. ESET Parental Control
ESET Parental Control is considered among the best phone spying apps that regularly monitor your child and keep them under your control.
- You can decide time restrictions for the usage of specific apps, and when the time is over, the apps will be closed automatically.
- With the aid of Application guard and Web guard features, you can modify the apps and sites that can and cannot be reached by your children according to their age.
- Some extra features of ESET parental control include geo-fencing, SOS button, and GPS locations.
- Web content can be filtered
- Support managing device apps
- Well compatible with Mac, Windows, and Android services
- Messages and chats on social media cannot be tracked.
- The screen lock feature is not available.
FamiSafe is a wonderful software from the house of Wondershare. The app assists users in maintaining family welfare and securing adults’ and kids’ smartphone usage. It is packed with stunning features and functionalities for protecting and tracking your children’s daily activities.
- FamiSafe provides live location and location history, which helps you know your target person’s exact location.
- It allows you to prevent your children from accessing and crossing a specific border built by you with the Geo-fence features.
- You can prevent toxic applications and websites thanks to the App Blocker and Web Filter feature.
- Users can monitor and follow text messages on leading social networking apps and notice porn images on phone galleries.
- Easy and simple in operation
- Excellent GPS tracking technology
- Automatic screen control techniques
- Utilize machine learning models to identify suspicious images
- No support for Mac
Are you going to spy on an Android phone? The simplest way is to use SpyBubble. Download and install it on the target phone, and log in with your credentials. You don’t need to root the phone to utilize this app. After the installation, you can sign in to your account and start monitoring.
SkyBubble is one of the most affordable spying apps, with a fee of $19.99 per month. It works with mobile devices running Android 5.0 and above.
- Real-time GPS Tracking allows you to know where they are and where they are going via their phone location history and current location.
- Supports recording all incoming and outgoing calls on your spied device
- Allows reading text messages, even those that have been cleared
- Enables you to monitor which websites they’ve browsed and what’ve they looked for
- You can spy multiple social media apps, including WhatsApp, Facebook, and Snapchat.
- You can easily view photos, contacts, calendars, and apps on the target phone.
- A reasonable price
- Easy to use
- Numerous helpful features supported
- Only supports Android devices
Undoubtedly, FlexiSPY is another good monitoring app that works on both Android and iOS devices. The app helps users to monitor and track their children’s phone activities, such as SMS, calls, and WhatsApp chats. Especially, you can spy two mobile phones simultaneously with GPS location and a free mobile reviewer app.
- You can access the phone camera and keylogging.
- Supports checking instant messaging with ease
- Adapted to Android and no jail-breaking necessary for iPhone
- Offers access to contacts and messages on the target device
- You can get screenshots of calls and messages remotely.
- It is impossible to block unknown numbers remotely.
Spyic has a clean and modern design, which makes it easy to track your children’s smartphones. With this app, you can get every information about the target phone, such as call history, browsing history, media files, messages, WhatsApp messages, and images. Moreover, it is totally compatible with both iOS and Android devices.
Spyic provides three plans to its users, and you can pick up the one based on your demands. The basic plan is around $39.99 a month, the premium prices $49.99 per month, and the family pack charges you $69.99 per month. Besides, you can save a lot of money if you pay for a 3-month or 12-month pack.
- Straightforward user-interface and simple operation
- You can know the real-time location of your children with GPS.
- It is possible to lock and unlock your children’s phone from your remote location with the help of a smart schedule technique.
- Spicy works in stealth mode, so the monitored people will not notice that they are being tracked.
- The app removes itself automatically from the target device.
- You can have screenshots of recorded call logs from a far distance.
- The trial version provides limited features.
- If the data in the dashboard is removed, it cannot be restored.
Spyera is a perfect choice for you to keep track of someone’s phone. The app enables you to intercept live calls, record live calls, and monitor your objectives with a camera. Plus, you also can record calls from different social networks, such as Skype, Viber, Facebook, WhatsApp, and Hangouts.
Spyera provides two separate plans. You’ll pay $59.00 per month upfront for the premium plan and $189.00 for the premium plus plan for three months.
- Support real-time location tracking
- Call logs, WhatsApp chats, and social media-related files can be reached
- The password Grabber tool allows you to hack the password of the target phone.
- You’ll get notifications and alerts on the control panel.
- No live customer support is offered.
- The price of Spyera is quite high.
MobiStealth offers a wide variety of monitoring features, including viewing text messages, tracking location, emails, photos, keylogging, Gmail logging, and record calls.
In addition, it takes just 3 minutes to set up with three simple steps: sign up, connect to your target device, and start to monitor.
Furthermore, the website provides a support section page and live chat for any question. They also give users a 30-day refund if their product doesn’t address the requirements of customers. That sounds professional!
- The app has a SIM change notification feature that helps you know when the object changes or removes the SIM.
- MobiStealth supports recording the surroundings of the mobile phone.
- It allows desktop and smartphone monitoring.
- It provides a significant number of features at an affordable price.
- Advanced features, including Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Snapchat, keylogger monitoring, are now available on Android phones.
- It does not allow contact and website blocking.
- No keyword alert features
If you are searching for a cost-effective option and you don’t need complicated software, MobileSpyAgent is for you. It perfectly works on both iOS and Android devices.
The application comes with three different plans:
- Basic plan: $14.95 per month
- Pro plan: $19.95 per month
- Business plan: suitable for those who need different licenses, and its price varies depending on your requirements.
- Monitors GPS locations, browser history, SMS, incoming/ outgoing calls
- You can view images and videos on the target phone
- Users can check which apps are installed
- Silently monitoring and tracking in the background
- The automatic stealth mode keeps the app hidden
- Easy to use and track
- Poor customer support
- Restricted features and limited online guides
Appmia is the most incredible mobile phone spying and tracking app that allows you to monitor all activities of any iPhone or Android device. You can install the app on the phone you want to monitor with ease. It starts uploading the monitored device’s usage information and its precise location immediately.
However, Appmia is quite expensive. You need to pay $194.99 per year for the premium version and $699.99 per year for the lifetime version (with two devices).
- Supports tracking on Viber, Facebook, and WhatsApp
- Calls and surroundings recording
- Allows viewing sent/received SMS and emails
- Restricts contacts, calls, and messages
- Appmia provides you free updates,
- You can spy two devices at one time.
- The app offers an impressive number of mobile platforms.
- Blocking options are not offered.
- You cannot remotely wipe off information from the target phone.
- It is a bit expensive.
Qustodio is claimed to be a user-friendly and efficient parental control app. It is a worthy software to track your children’s phone activities. The app is well compatible with any type of mobile device and PC as well.
- Qustodio assists in tracking different mobile phones and reaching different accounts.
- You can get detailed information about calls and text messages.
- Users can decide on a schedule or limit on how much Internet time is permitted every day.
- Ease to use with simple dashboard and account settings
- Supports controlling more than one user
- Qustodio is an expensive app.
- Social media monitoring is limited to Facebook.
- VPN breaks web filter in desktop browsers
12. Highster Mobile
Highster Mobile is a cell phone spying software that allows you to monitor other people on Android devices. It provides numerous features, including location spying, remote locking, and the ability to record phone activities. Plus, the app does offer parental control features, which lets you remotely control other device’s usage.
- The live control panel ensures information is updated every 90s.
- Application Blocking helps you block access to certain apps and websites.
- You can send out SMS commands from the live control panel to control other devices, such as lock and unlock the phone, delete phone data, etc.
- The stealth camera allows you to monitor to a higher level.
- The one-time payment makes it affordable.
- Free lifetime updates are supported.
- No free trial is provided.
- The app lacks the geo-fencing feature.
- Customer support is not good.
Spyzie is a parental controlling app on the iPhone, which enables people to monitor their kids’ devices. The application can show you other’s call logs, GPS location, text messages, browsing history, media files, and social media apps.
- Tracks incoming/ outgoing calls
- Views delivered/ received messages
- Sets up a browser tracker
- Identifies real-time location through GPS
- Spyzie on the target phone can remove itself.
- You can record call logs and take screenshots remotely.
- Rooted/ jailbroken devices are not required.
- It is impossible to track the location for iPhone.
- Data once cleared on a target phone from the Control Panel cannot be restored.
All the apps above are top-notch and work well with both iOS and Android devices. Consider their features, evaluate the pros and cons wisely, and pick up the right app for your needs.
If you have experienced with any of these spying software, feel free to share your opinions in the comment section. We’re glad to hear from you.