Magento 2.4.4 Release Notes: Everything you need to know in 2023
Perhaps you haven’t forgotten Magento 2.4.3 released in August 2021. It’s an excellent release for Magento lovers, isn’t it? Today, of course, is a great day as we continue to bring you an exciting newsletter regarding the latest version of Magento released by Adobe. It is Magento 2.4.4.
This latest release brings decisive improvements and features for developers and store owners. This is what you have been looking for in optimizing your Magento 2 store. Are you ready to discover all important updates and highlights features in the latest Magento 2.4.4? Without further ado, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- Magento 2.4.4 Release Date
- Magento 2.4.4 Releases Highlights
- Issues Fixed in Magento 2.4.4 Release
- The Bottom Line
Magento 2.4.4 Release Date
Magento 2.4.4 was launched on April 12,2022.
Magento 2.4.4 is finally here, which comes with lots of improved features, performance improvements as well as minor bug fixes for store owners and developers.
Also, according to the official Adobe 2.4.4 release notes , this latest release includes almost 250 bug fixes and quality improvements. Additionally, the new release also fixes the RCE vulnerability, which is addressed by patches MDVA-43395 & MDVA-43443.
That’s right; the numbers don’t lie. It gives us a clear and specific view of the great improvements that Adobe developers have given to Magento lovers. Are you ready to download and upgrade your Magento 2 store to the latest version?
To download Magento 2.4.4, you can visit here.
Magento 2.4.4 Releases Highlights
Magento 2.4.4 offers a lot more than expected for store owners and developers, which includes high security, performance and major bug fixes. Follow up on the last lines of the post to not miss important information.
Upgrade your Magento 2 store to the latest version for new features and security - with the help of our dedicated experts.Upgrade now
If in the old versions of Magento, although the security has improved many times, it still has unexpected holes. And in this release, Adobe has listened to customer feedback. They have worked hard and given a great deal to the security of Magento. This new version has been released with major security improvements, including:
- Password reset tokens and encryption of the OAuth access tokens and in the database.
- Session IDs also are no longer stored in the Magento database.
- Limit the number and size of API resources that the user can request through Web API.
- Google reCAPTCHA also supports the coupon codes in Magento.
- By default, secure URLs (HTTPS) for storefront and admin.
- Inability to upload non-alpha-numeric file extensions.
- Swagger abolishment in production mode.
- Dependency confusion plugin for all Magento Adobe Commerce installations.
Adobe has upgraded the latest version of Magento with powerful improvements for Magento developers. Here are some vital platform improvements in Magento 2.4.4.
- All the project dependencies and libraries are fully compatible with PHP 8.1.
- JQuery library version is upgraded to 3.6, and the Jquery-ui library is upgraded to 1.13.0.
- Magento 2.4.4 version also supports Elasticsearch 7.16 and OpenSearch 1.2.
- The latest version of Magento 2 supports TinyMCE 5.8.1. as well as has removed TinyMCE 4 from the codebase.
- PHPUnit is upgraded to the latest version, i.e. 9.5.x.
- Several 1.10.0 jQuery components have been removed in Magento 2.4.4:
- ajaxOptions and cache options for tabs;
- Data fallbacks for widget names. Now, it is necessary to use the full name for the .data() key;
- .zIndex(). jQuery UI v1.12.1 includes jquery/z-index.js, supporting the use of .zIndex();
- Hard coding of classes in widgets, such as ui-corner-all.
Performance & Scalability Enhancements
The release of Magento version 2.4.4 has been fully improved to deliver optimal performance by enhancing processing order throughput as well as optimizing message queues. The release notes state that order processing efficiency is increased by 6 times in this latest version.
- ‘Enable Inventory Check On Cart Load’ configuration option to skip the inventory check for faster checkout.
- Introduction of AsyncOrder feature for better performance.
- Magento 2.4.4 also supports deferring total calculation during checkout for improved sales rules processing.
- Memory limit for the cart operations also supports input variables volume.
- PWA Studio v.12.3.0 is fully compatible with the Adobe Commerce 2.4.4 version.
This Magento 2.4.4 release includes the following GraphQL enhancements:
- GraphQL in Magento 2.4.4 now wholly covers the negotiable quotes.
- The GraphQL cart operations’s performance has been enhanced with reduced response time.
- New Relic in GraphQL with descriptive transaction names, which helps make debugging easier.
- The webonyx library of GraphQL has been upgraded to version 14.9 in the latest Magento version.
- More efficient GraphQL cart operations with the collectQuoteTotals() method.
- Better storefront performance based on new GraphQL request caching that involves: Fastly and Varnish that cache GraphQL requests sent with auth tokens.
- The storeConfig query returns the configuration settings for the Zero Subtotal Checkout and Check/Money Order payment methods.
- The GraphQL resolver returns translated strings following the store scope parameter.
Except for Braintree, all Vendor-Bundled extensions have been removed from Magento Open Source 2.4.4. The merchants should switch to the official extensions that are available on the Trade Market, including:
- Amazon Pay
PayPal Payment Enhancements
There are a lot of PayPal payment improvements in the latest Magento 2.4.4 release, listed below:
- The PayPal Venmo payment is supported well.
- The checkout page accurately shows information about the number of installments while using Pay Later.
- This is the facility for the merchants to test the user experience by setting shopper’s country.
The latest version of Adobe Commerce 2.4.4 comes with a number of accessibility updates that improve users’ experience with limited vision or cognitive abilities. Here are some highlights of the accessibility improvements:
- Adobe has enhanced the performance of the screen reader tools in the Magento 2.4.4 version.
- Admin buttons have special, accessible, and clarifying purposes.
- Images icons get a better purpose and serve as an alternative to the text.
- Increased contrasts in the Admin button for better visibility.
Page Builder is available as a bundled extension in Magento OpenSource. With Magento 2.4.4, Page Builder has started providing the ability to add alt text to images, enhancing content accessibility for Images, Banners, and Slides.
The B2B release for Magento 2.4.4 does not include any outstanding new features. However, it still offers many bug fixes and improvements.
Adobe Commerce 2.4.4 introduces compatibility with PWA Studio v.12.3.0, including reCaptcha support, Page Builder content optimization, and personalized content.
Due to the support of PHP 8.1 in Magento 2.4.4, Live Search also supports it smoothly. The new Magento_ElasticsearchCatalogPermissionsGraphQl module is automatically disabled during the Live Search installation. Remember that you need to upgrade your Live Search installation to version 2.0.0 to take advantage of the latest features.
Issues Fixed in the Magento 2.4.4 Release
In the Magento 2.4.4 release, Adobe fixed hundreds of known issues. Below are some major bugs and issues that have been fixed in the latest Magento version.
- Magento checkout page and cart navigation accessibility errors have been fixed.
- If the new quantity is invalid, the shopping cart quantity is reverted to the old value.
- Add to cart issues are fixed for the bundle products with the fixed price and two options.
- Different issues relating to JS loading of customer data are fixed
- Option to add more informative content to show to the customers on entering an invalid gift card.
- Watermark images with transparent backgrounds no longer display a white background.
- The product’s indexing issues have been in the latest Magento 2.4.4 version.
- Fixed errors are shown while completing the payment using the Express payment method.
- Issues relating to the product ratings in the product list view have been resolved.
- Issues resolved for installation, upgrade, and deployment.
- Removed duplicate values insertion into MySQL database table.
- Accessibility errors on the cart and checkout page while navigating have been fixed.
- “Invalid security or form key. Please refresh the page” error has been resolved on the Admin login.
The Bottom Line
That’s all you need to know about the latest Magento 2.4.4 release. And, it will be a big loss for Magento merchants if they don’t upgrade their Magento 2 store to this latest version of Magento. The new release is packed with powerful features and improvements and hundreds of bug fixes, which not only help your customers have a great and safe experience shopping in your store, but also drive sales effectively. The year 2022 will be filled with great features of the latest version - Magento 2.4.4. Upgrade your Magento 2 store now and experience this version’s stable features.
Don’t forget to share our article with your Magento community through social media channels, as well as, look forward to the release of Magento Open Source 2.4.5 on August 9, 2022.
Thanks for reading, and see you in the next post!
& Maintenance Services
Make sure your store is not only in good shape but also thriving with a professional team yet at an affordable price.Get Started