Magento 2.4.3 Release Notes: Important Releases & Highlight Updates in 2023 in 2023
To meet the needs and expectations of customers and online store owners, Magento continuously releases different versions of Magento in the market. Previously, on March 9, 2021, Magento 2.4.2 version was released with significant performance improvements for store owners and engaging shopping experiences for online customers. Recently, the latest version of Magento was launched to the joy and anticipation of all in the e-commerce industry - it’s Magento 2.4.3. It promises to bring customers timely updates as well as the most modern features to satisfy the majority of Magento users.
Right now, let’s dig into the details of Magento 2.4.3 to discover what’s new and exciting that Magento developers have given us.
Table of Contents
- Magento 2.4.3 Release Date
- Magento 2.4.3 Releases Highlights
- Fixed Issues in Magento 2.4.3
- Magento Commerce 2.4.3 release includes
- The Bottom Line
Upgrade your Magento 2 store to the latest version for new features and security - with the help of our dedicated experts.Upgrade now
Magento 2.4.3 Release Date
Magento 2.4.3 was launched on Aug 10, 2021.
The release of the Magento 2.4.3 version comes with powerful features that improve security, performance, and platform improvements. It is sure to please store owners and eCommerce developers.
More specifically, Magento 2.4.3 provides more than 370 new fixes to core code, 33 security improvements as well as resolves over 290 Github issues. These figures don’t tell lies. It is a testament to the great improvement of Magento for e-commerce stores.
The ultimate mission of this innovation is simply to provide customers with the best online platform in terms of performance, safety, and a smooth shopping experience. Are you ready to download Magento 2.4.3 and upgrade your online store to the latest version of Magento 2?
To download Magento 2.4.3, you can visit here.
Magento 2.4.3 Releases Highlights
Substantial Security Improvements
The 2.4.3 release includes 33 security fixes and platform security enhancements that support close remote code execution (RCE) as well as cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities.
There’s a new composer plugin available in the Adobe Commerce 2.4.3 release package that helps reduce security vulnerabilities, also known as dependency confusion.
To prevent denial-of-service (DoS) attacks, rate limiting is built-in ready in the Magento API. In addition, it has the ability to limit the resource size of Web APIs. The default value is 20.
reCAPTCHA coverage has been extended with Magento 2.4.3.
The quality of the framework has enhanced with improvements in most of the following functional areas:
- Customer Account
- Promotions and Targeting
- Cart and Checkout
- Staging and Preview
Magento 2.4.3 also supports PayPal Pay Later for online stores which accept payments in Paypal.
Currently, Magento 2.4.3 is not fully compatible with PHP 8 and later versions. However, these upgrades are valuable for bringing closer compatibility in the future.
- Upgrade core composer dependencies and 3rd party libraries to be compatible with PHP 8 and later versions.
- The KnockoutJS library is upgraded to the latest version 3.5.1.
- TinyMCE version 3 library removed. The Magento_Tinymce3Banner extension and MFTF tests related to TinyMCE v3.x have been removed from Adobe Commerce.
- Magento 2.4.3 will be compatible with Redis 6.0.12.
- Upgrade Laminas library dependencies to PHP 8.
- Improvements help reduce indexing time for Product Price and Catalog Rule indexers.
- With this new version, Magento sellers can drop a website for a specific customer group.
- Thanks to this, it is possible to significantly reduce the number of indexing records and improve the indexing time.
The GraphQL of Magento 2.4.3 supports the following features:
- Magento 2.4.3 version will add GraphQL scope to shared routes.
- Route query and RoutableInterface will support routing requests on category, product, and CMS pages.
- The function of the urlResolver query is replaced by a routing query.
- The CAPTCHA correctly validates the data provided by the client, and it should be displayed as expected.
- CAPTCHA validation no longer randomly fails on the checkout page.
- CAPTCHA fields are displayed on Magento as expected after the specified number of attempts are exceeded.
- Now the CAPTCHA works as expected on the checkout page.
- Some other issues are related to these features:
|Cart and Checkout||Catalog||Catalog rule||CMS content|
|Configurable products||Cron||Customer||Customer segment|
|Content security policy||Downloadable||Dynamic Block||EAV|
|Frameworks||General fixes||Gift Cards|
|Gift Message||Gift Registry||Gift Wrapping||Google Analytics|
|Google Tag Manager||GraphQL||Wish list||Dynamic Block|
|Gift Message||Gift Registry||Gift Wrapping||Google Analytics|
|Google Tag Manager||GraphQL||Image||Import/Export|
|Custom customer attributes||Newsletter||Order||Payment Methods|
|Translation and locales||Theme||UI||URL rewrites|
|User||Version CMS||Video||Web API framework|
|Website restriction||Widge||Gift Cards||MFTF|
And Known issues.
In Magento Open Source, Page Builder is available as a bundled extension. It is a default content editor for Adobe Commerce 2.4.3 and Magento Open Source 2.4.3. you can completely replace the WYSIWG editor with any third-party module. Page Builder replaces TinyMCE editor in the following admin areas:
- CMS Page
- CMS Block
- Category Description
- Product Description
All content created in TinyMCE Editor has been moved to Page Builder as HTML.
You can check the PWA Studio releases to know about all enhancements and bug fixes.
Fixed Issues in Magento 2.4.3
In addition to all these great improvements, the Magento 2.4.3 release also fixed many bugs and issues discovered in the core code of this release. These improvements involve Adobe Stock Integration, shipping methods through Apple Pay, product display, multiple currencies across websites, price classification for out-of-stock items, and so on.
Installation, Upgrade, Deployment
- The binMagentoo setup:db:status statement returns an indicator message that everything has been updated.
- When the creation of a new configurable product fails, the values are preserved on load.
- Suppose you run bin/magento setup: upgrade, Magento will make no exception.
- Previously created cart pricing rules are now displayed on the Content Staging dashboard page after the deployment was upgraded from Magento Open Source to Magento Commerce.
And other issues…
AdminGWS uses int values for the website_id SQL condition in Admin collections for administrators with custom permissions.
Adobe Stock Integration
Magento shows an informative and a link to the Admin Stores > Configuration > Advanced > System page on the Search for Adobe Stock Page when you don’t set API Key (Client ID) and Client Secret.
Admins who have restricted access can not edit categories having global scope.
The created system report (System > Support > System Report) is now rendered correctly.
Magento turns off validation on the Price field as expected when the Dynamic price setting is enabled during bundle product creation.
Infinite redirects no longer exist when the admin URLs are different from the default site URLs in deployments where Magento is configured to be accessible from two URLs.
- Apply addProductsToCart mutation to add bundled products with multiple checkbox options.
- Price indexing of bundled products is done using temporary tables. You can set the item price by the package at 0.00. Before when you return to the edit page after selecting the price to 0.00, the price will revert to the default value.
- Updates the availability of the bundled product based on the availability of its child products.
- Child products can be added, removed, and updated to bundle products via REST API calls.
- Magento shows the correct price range for the bundled products with the tier price.
And other issues.
To bypass caching of the customer page, the varnish6.vcl file has been updated.
Magento Commerce 2.4.3 release includes
- GraphQL supports Wish lists, Gift registries, Negotiable quotes, and Shared routes
- Introduced B2B v1.3.2
- Cloud-managed service updates like AWS S3
- Live search by Adobe Sensei powered by AI and machine-learning algorithms
The Bottom Line
That is all. Looking at the feature improvements as well as the hundreds of bugs fixed on the Magento 2.4.3 release, you must immediately think about upgrading your Magento 2 store to the latest version. It includes a ton of powerful and amazing features that not only improve customer shopping experience but also drive great sales, while covid 19 pandemic is still going on in most countries.
Upgrade your Magento 2 store right now and experience the seamless, smooth, and stable functionalities that Magento 2.4.3 version brings.
Don’t forget to share this article with your Magento community through social media channels.
Thanks a lot for reading, and see you in the next post!
& Maintenance Services
Make sure your store is not only in good shape but also thriving with a professional team yet at an affordable price.Get Started