How to edit product data quickly via Product Grid in Magento 2
There are many more tools built to helps Magento 2 admins optimize their tasks. Beside Magento 2 Order Grid extension, now you can find the Better Product Grid module, which contributes to minimize the time to manage your products at backend, hence improve the site performance significantly.
- Restrictions of Default Product grid for Magento 2 stores
- Improved functions of Magento 2 Product Grid module
- More features of Product Grid extension
- Full features of Product Grid module
Restrictions of Default Product grid for Magento 2 stores
Difficult to navigate product data
If you are using Magento default product grid, you can see that 30 product columns are located in one tab only. This overwhelms admins when they need to arrange and configure those columns. In other words, when putting all product data into one basket, it is easy to be messed up and make mistakes, which directly affect your product catalog.
Lack of needful product info
Even Magento default supports a large number of product columns, there are some important data are missing including Product Category, Availability, Qty sold, Frontend Product Link, Backorder data and so on. In order to set up and configure these data, admins must go to each product detail page, which absolutely time-consuming, especially for a considerable number of products.
Cannot update data on product grid
If your site has thousands of items and you want to edit their product SKU at the same time. How can you do it with the current Magento default?
The answer, unfortunately, is impossible. Admins must go to each product page and manually update product info one by one. This causes admins the inconvenience and sometimes a lot of mistakes. Hence, Magento stores should consider one advanced tool helping them do all editions right at the product grid.
Limited filtering ability
Searching product data at the product grid is also an essential function that Magento admins do need in hand. Unluckily, it is not supported in Magento default for all product attributes. Some most used attributes such as short description, URL key, Tax class, and so on, are unfilterable.
Improved functions of Magento 2 Product Grid module
Reorganize column tab at product grid
Instead of one columns tab, the module now classifies all default columns of Magento into two separate tabs: Default Group and Attribute Group. This division helps admin allocate and find the product data easily and accurately.
In Default Group, containing: ID, Name, Thumbnail, Type, Attribute Set, SKU, Price, Quantity, Visibility, Status, Websites, Special, Cost, Action Regarding Attribute Group, admin can find Short Description, Special Price From Date, Special Price To Date, Weight, Manufacturer, Meta Title, Meta Keywords, Meta Description, and the rest of Default attributes.
Extra Group with 13 new columns
There are a lot of other related-product info, rather than default columns, that need to be managed at product grid. Understanding that, this extension is integrated with needful 13 columns. They are all located at Extra Group tab, beside Default Group and Attribute one.
- Qty Sold
- Frontend Product Link
- Creation Date
- Last Modified Date
- Related Products
- Low Stock
- Tier Price
- Last Purchase Date
- Recent Order
More details for Related/Cross-sell/Up-sell columns
As mentioned above, Product Grid assists Magento 2 stores with three typical columns: Related, Cross-sell, Up-sell products. Moreover, in each of these, there are some small columns inside which are considered columns’ attributes. Including ID, Thumbnail, Name, Status, SKU, Price.
All of these columns are managed at Product Info Group. Admin can manage those data much more quickly than before when they have to set up related product in each product detail page.
Import product images right on grid
Products can be changed in packaging or size overtime, hence Magento 2 websites should update their images frequently. With Product Grid extension, now admin can upload the product thumbnail right on product grid.
You only need to click to Thumbnail column, then a popup shown allows admins to view the current thumbnails and upload the new ones. Even, admins can delete the old one easily. You can see it through the photo below:
Multiple ways to edit product data at grid
Product Grid supports 3 types of edit inline almost columns. All are AJAX editions so admin does not need to wait for loading page any more or redirecting to another site.
- Multiple Cells allows editing various cells of many items at once. Admin can click “Save edits” after finishing all edition.
- Single Cell: Edit one cell by one. After editing a cell, admin can click to any point outside it then the cells will be saved automatically.
- Multiple Rows: This is Magento supported edit type. In which, all the editable cells will be shown so admin can also edit multiple cells of different products at the same time.
Edit column title
Admin can change any column header right on the product grid
Allow filtering by product attributes
Most product columns can be searched right in grid
Export product data
Beside the default columns, now admin can export all extra columns with ease
Support editing in all input types
Almost data at product grid can be edited in: Text Field, Text Area, Date, Yes/No, Multiple Select, Dropdown, Price
Update product quantity easily
Admin can enter the fixed number or using +/- signs to change product quantity
Update product status based on quantity
Product availability can be updated according to product quantity in stock
Preview product page at backend
After changing product data at grid, admins can click to Frontend product link to preview all changes
Compatible with Mageplaza module
Installing Product Attachments, admins are allowed to upload any documents right at grid
Full features of Product Grid module
- Activate/Deactivate the module
- Select edit types: Multiple Cells, Single Cell, Multiple Rows
- Enable changing the column header
- Define the item number shown in Related/Cross-sell/Up-sell columns
Qty Sold Configuration
- Set the day to start counting product as “Sold”
- Set the day to finish counting product as “Sold”
- Choose the order statuses to be counted as “Sold”
Product Grid actions
- Show/hide product columns on grid
- Choose specific columns to be filtered
- Edit column titles on column tab
- Import product thumbnails right on grid
- Edit cell one by one. Automatically save
- Edit various cells of multiple products at once
- Save all editions after finishing
- Update details of Related/Cross-sell/Up-sell products on grid
- View/manage extra product info: Qty Sold, Categories, Frontend Product Link, Availability, Creation Date, Last Modified Date, Related Products, Up-Sells, Cross-Sells, Low Stock, Tier Price, Backorders, Last Purchase Date, Recent Order
- Export any product data
- Foresee the product page after edition via frontend link
- Edit product data in all input types
- Change product quantity directly on grid
All in all, we believe that Magento 2 Product Grid should be something customizable for any Mangeto 2 website to enhance working effectiveness and reduce a ton of time as well as resources to update your product data.