4 Steps to Install Magento 2 on XAMPP Windows
You are looking for Install Magento 2 latest version on Windows from Magento repo or Github with Apache/NginX, MySQL/MariaDB and PHP 7.x, this guide is best place for you. In this post, I will show you how to install Magento 2.3 on an Ubuntu latest with Apache2, MariaDB. In previous posts, I talked about Install Magento 2 on Ubuntu, Centos or Windows.
Magento 2 Requirements
You should double check 8 main requirements for Magento 2 here.
Step 1: Install XAMPP
XAMPP is the most popular local web development solution for Windows. It is free and includes Apache or NginX, PHP or Python, Perl or Ruby.
- To download latest version here.
- Open and install XAMPP for your Windows:
Install it in C drive. We suppose that the path is:
- Open XAMPP Controller in XAMPP folder
Now you have already setup XAMPP succesfully on your Windows.
Step 2: Install Composer (optional)
- Download Composer and install for windows
- Direct download composer: Composer stable version
- or you can use command line to install Composer:
php -r "copy('https://getcomposer.org/installer', 'composer-setup.php');" php composer-setup.php php -r "unlink('composer-setup.php');"
Step 3: Download Magento 2 Pack
You can download from one of the folling resources:
After donwload, you should extract the pack to
c:\xampp\htdocs\magento2. E.g you have a folder call:
Step 4: Install Magento 2
Access to this address
http://localhost/magento2, you will get this Magento Setup Wizard as the following:
Step 4.3: Start Installing
Start Readiness Check. If any errors are displayed, you must resolve them before you continue. Click More detail if available to see more information about each check.
Step 4.2 Add a Database
Fill database information then click
Step 4.3 Web Configuration
- Enter the following information:
- Your Store Address:
- Magento Admin Address: Enter the relative URL by which to access the Magento Admin. e.g: secret, backend
- Your Store Address:
- Then click
Step 4.4. Customize Your Store
- From the Store Default Time Zone list, click the name of your store’s time zone.
- From the Store Default Currency list, click the default currency to use in your store.
- From the Store Default Language list, click the default language to use in your store.
- Expand Advanced Modules Configuration to optionally enable or disable modules before you install the Magento software.
You can choose install Sample Data or not in this step.
Important!: Use Skip dependency check for individual modules with caution. We recommend against it because a typical reason for this error is you manually edited the deployment configuration. Editing the deployment configuration is not recommended because future Magento software updates can undo your changes.
Step 4.5. Create Admin Account
Now enter admin information such as
- New Username
- New E-Mail
- New Password
- Confirm Password
- Then click Next
Step 4.6. Install
After completing all previous steps in the Setup Wizard, click
Installation Success The message Success will be displayed to indicate a successful installation.
Step 4.7: Check the result
Now go to the frontend and backend to see the result
Enjoyed the tutorial? Spread it to your friends!