Barcode for Magento 2v4.0.0
Magento 2 Barcode extension is the supporting tool to attach barcode to products, customize the barcode design and print them with ease. Barcode is an effective track-and-trace solution to facilitate store inventory management, professionalize product packing and impress customers better.
- Auto-generate barcode
- 3 different barcode-generating attributes
- Support 30+ barcode types
- 4 ready-to-use barcode label templates
- Customizable barcode label
- Customizable printing paper
- 3 ready-to-use printing paper templates
- Import & print barcode via CSV file
- Mass action to print multiple barcode labels
- Preview templates and print sample file
- Looking for REST API, GraphQL? ETA: 2-4W Chat now.
You've just added this product to the cart:
You've just added this product to the cart:
Problems and Solutions
When the stores have tons of products, tons of SKU, supplier and stock status. It is too challenging to manage all well. Moreover, it is too easy to make mistakes in every tracking actions.
As a digital way to identify products in the retail supply chain, selling on an online marketplace increasingly requires the use of barcodes. For example, Amazon verifies all barcodes when new products are added.
A barcode is a method to encode information in a visual pattern which
a scanner machine can read. The combination of black and white lines (or
other elements) which follow a set algorithm for that barcode type represents
different text characters.
If you change the sequence of elements you get the different text. A barcode scanner reads this pattern and turns it into a line of text that a computer can understand.
In the simplest terms, a barcode is used as a locator to a record in a database. Stores especially the wholesales stores are keen on using barcodes to track a variety of data, from pricing to inventory, because barcodes help to cut down on data entry and they are much more accurate than human keyboard input.
Instead of tracking individual items manually by employees, which leads to a number of human errors, barcodes can track items significantly accurately ( with the error rate around one error for every 3 million entries). The accuracy of inventory tracking has been improved significantly thanks to barcodes.
With barcodes, online stores can attach important information such as image, price, SKU of products securely by using encoded small black lines. The visual, machine-readable representation of data helps stores a large amount of information while it keeps safe for these data.
The data on the barcode is readable with the support of the barcode scanner device. The product information such as SKU, the price is scanned directly into computers. At the cash counter of stores, the cashiers no longer have to type in prices manually and the input data process has been sped up considerably.
Using barcode system reduces employee training cost significantly. The
employees only take a little time to master barcode scanners instead of
having to learn the entire inventory or pricing procedure.
Secondly, the design and print cost of the barcode is inexpensive. With Barcode extension, store admins can customize barcode design, print paper without any fee. Then, the barcode labels are ready to get printed out.
The data stored in barcodes can be recorded instantly on the computer by the barcode scanners. Therefore, at the checkout line, the procedure is processed precisely and quickly by cashiers, so customers do not have to wait long in lines.
When the product packing is attached with barcodes, customers tend to
feel the product more trustful (thanks to the professional look of packages).
When customers feel the product’s outfit reliable, they are more concern about the product.
Customers are easy to track their bought products online and inform to the stores whenever they have any feedback or issues. As a result, customers will be supported quickly and properly.
A large number of barcode for mass products can be created automatically via one click.
At the admin backend, admins just need to click “Run” and each product will be assigned with one separated barcode instantly.
All the barcodes will follow the pattern of the barcode number template including alpha, numeric and alphanumeric which is configured at the admin backend. For example, the pattern as [4AN]-[4A]-[4N].
3 different barcode-generating attributes
A noticeable feature of Barcode is allowing admins to select the encoded attributes based on which barcodes will be generated.
- With Barcode extension, store admins are offered with three options:
- Generate barcodes based on Product SKU
- Generate barcodes based on Product Name
- Generate barcodes based on Mageplaza Barcode
Support 30+ barcode types
Barcode extension supports up to more than 30 encoding types. This offer various kinds of barcode symbologies which differ in qualities such as capacity and linearity, making the advantages for specific uses and industries.
For example, code 39, the oldest barcode type is the common symbology found in electronics, healthcare, and government while code 128 is usually applied in packaging and shipping applications. The diversity of barcode types will meet any applications of all stores in various industries.
4 Ready-to-use barcode label templates
Barcode module supports 4 templates for barcode label with different components:
- Classic 1: 3 layers including product name, barcode, product number
- Classic 2: 2 layers including barcode, product number
- Standard: 4 layers including product name, barcode, product number, price
- Standard with QR code: Standard styles with extra QR code
Store admins can freely select the preferred templates to apply to product instantly.
Customizable barcode label
The design of the barcode label can be customized to fit admin’s expectations easily. All specifications of barcode can be customized by store admins:
- Barcode width
- Barcode height
- Add logo
- QR code size
- Custom barcode content with variables
- Custom barcode label specifications with CSS
Customizable printing paper
When barcode design is completed, set up printing is the next essential step. Barcode extension allows printing barcode right from the product grid easily and conveniently. Especially, printing paper can be customized to suit certain usage
- Paper size: A4, A5, A6, Letter
- Paper orientation
- Paper margin
- Barcode label width
- Barcode label height
- Barcode label padding
- Vertical spacing
- Horizontal spacing
If you would like to use templates, the module supports 3 ready-to-use paper templates: Template OL161 (12 labels/1 page), Template OL160 (18 labels/1 page), Template OL171 (8 labels/1 page). For more paper templates, please contact us for custom service to meet your requirements.
Full Features List
For store admins
- Enable/ Disable the extension
- Select the attribute based on which barcodes are generated
- Set the barcode number template
- Generate barcodes automatically with one click
- Select the barcode type from 30+ selections
- Select paper template for printing
- Select paper size
- Set barcode label width
- Set barcode label height
- Set barcode label padding
- Set paper margin
- Set vertical spacing between two barcodes
- Set horizontal spacing between two barcodes
- Select paper orientation: portrait or landscape
- Select the logo to display on barcodes
- Add logo to the barcode label
- Select barcode label template with 4 choices
- Set barcode width
- Set barcode height
- Edit barcode label content with variables
- Edit barcode label specifications with CSS
Preview & Sample
- Preview paper template
- Preview barcode label
- Print sample file
- Reduce the time of waiting in line for checkout
- Feel more trust with the product packing including barcodes
- Track products exactly to inform in the neccessary cases
You can do easily by clicking “Run” button at the admin backend. The products without barcodes will be applied automatically.
There are more than 30 types so that you can easily select your preferred one which suits your business.
From the admin backend, you can select the barcode type, barcode label template, set barcode dimensions, and use variables to custom barcode content and CSS to custom label specifications.
Each barcode can be printed out quickly with the button Print which is ready every Product Edit Form. In case you would like to print multiple barcodes at the same time, mass actions with print is supported.