How to Create Admin User via Command Line in Magento 2
In this tutorial, we will talk about How to Add Admin User via Command Line in the Command Line Series. As you know, from Magento 2, they add many commands in
bin/magento. This may be difficult to approach, let me explain more detail about How to Add Admin User via Command Line.
Who will need this guide?
While creating admin users manually from the backend is the most basic method. Creating admin user accounts via command lines has some advantages over if you are in these following conditions:
- You want to save time in creating an admin account by using the command lines instead of filling out multiple fields in the Account Information in the store’s backend
- You are a developer and your client need you to log in a backend without knowing any admin accounts
- You need to create multiple admin accounts in a short time
How to Create Admin User via Command Line in Magento 2?
After having the server access, go to Magento admin root folder and show usage:
php bin/magento admin:user:create --help
Usage: admin:user:create [options] Options: --admin-user=ADMIN-USER (Required) Admin user --admin-password=ADMIN-PASSWORD (Required) Admin password --admin-email=ADMIN-EMAIL (Required) Admin email --admin-firstname=ADMIN-FIRSTNAME (Required) Admin first name --admin-lastname=ADMIN-LASTNAME (Required) Admin last name --magento-init-params=MAGENTO-INIT-PARAMS Add to any command to customize Magento initialization parameters For example: "MAGE_MODE=developer&MAGE_DIRS[base][path]=/var/www/example.com&MAGE_DIRS[cache][path]=/var/tmp/cache" -h, --help Display this help message -q, --quiet Do not output any message -V, --version Display this application version --ansi Force ANSI output --no-ansi Disable ANSI output -n, --no-interaction Do not ask any interactive question -v|vv|vvv, --verbose Increase the verbosity of messages: 1 for normal output, 2 for more verbose output and 3 for debug Help: Creates an administrator
For example, now we are going to create an admin account with the following information:
- User: mageplaza
- Password: WeLoveMagento
- Email: [email protected]
- First Name: Mageplaza
- Last Name: Family
So here is the command line:
php bin/magento admin:user:create --admin-user=mageplaza --admin-password=WeLoveMagento [email protected] --admin-firstname=Mageplaza --admin-lastname=Family
It shows an error:
Your password must include both numeric and alphabetic characters.
The password should be more complex.
- Password: WeLoveMagento123
php bin/magento admin:user:create --admin-user=mageplaza --admin-password=WeLoveMagento123 [email protected] --admin-firstname=Mageplaza --admin-lastname=Family
Now, we successfully created a new admin account. The system returns this message:
Created Magento administrator user named mageplaza
Now to go to admin login page, and fill the above information
and you are in now, see this screenshot
Hope this guide can help you to tackle the question. If you have any questions regarding admin user accounts in Magento 2, don’t hesitate to let me know in the comment section!
Want to explore more on managing the admin permissions? Click on the button below:
- How to create a simple Hello World module for Magento 2
- Magento 2 Block Template Ultimate Guides
- How to Create Module in Magento 2
- How to Create Controller in Magento 2
- How to create CRUD Models in Magento 2
- View: Layouts, Block and Templates
- Configuration - System.xml
- How To Create Admin Menu In Magento 2
- Admin ACL
Enjoyed the tutorial? Spread it to your friends!
Sam is the CEO and Founder of Mageplaza, pursuing a simple and healthy lifestyle. He is a friend, a husband, and a father to two children. As a trainer and an aspiring influencer, he is also a big fan of sports and travel. Sam is exceptionally knowledgeable about e-commerce, especially Magento and Shopify, with 10 years of experience in the field.
People also searched for
- magento 2 create admin user
- create admin user in magento 2
- magento 2 create admin user command line
- create admin user magento 2
- magento2 create admin user command line
- magento 2 create admin user cli
- create new admin user magento 2 command line
- magento create admin user
- create admin user magento 2 command line
- magento create admin user command line
- magento 2 create user command line
- magento 2 create new admin user command line
- admin user create magento 2
- create admin account magento 2
- magento 2 add admin user command line
- create admin user in magento 2 command line
- magento 2 add admin user
- magento 2 admin user create
- create magento 2 admin user
- create user admin magento 2
- 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 2.4.x