How to get a block from template file phtml in Magento 2
A block is a modular unit of content that can be positioned anywhere on a page. Blocks are usually used to display dynamic content from widgets, videos, or text. Displaying elements in blocks makes it easier for the store admins to manage and edit anytime.
It’s usual to see content blocks as Static blocks or CMS blocks which are used as promotional banners, images, or infor texts. You can display these blocks on every page of a Magento 2 website without spending much time on configurations by calling a block in PHTML file.
Using PHTML file is one of the best ways to call a block in Magento 2. In this post, I’ll show you the way via PHP code to get a block from the template
phtml file in Magento 2. There are two examples I will give you here.
Example 1 to get block in phtml
If you need to call a template block
Mageplaza_HelloWorld, please use the below code:
echo $this->getLayout() ->createBlock('Mageplaza\HelloWorld\Block\HelloWorld') ->setTemplate('Mageplaza_HelloWorld::helloworld.phtml') ->toHtml();
Example 2 to call block in phtml
If you need to call template block in CMS static Block or CMS Page in Magento 2, please use the below code:
block class="Mageplaza\HelloWorld\Block\HelloWorld" name="your_block_name" template="Mageplaza_HelloWorld::helloworld.phtml"
Hope this is the helpful article to get block from template
phtml file. In case that you have any queries about the article or any questions in general, use the comment section below!
This post has guided you through how to call a block by PHTML file programmatically. In case that you have any queries about the article or any questions in general, let us know in the comment section below! Thanks for reading
- How to create a simple Hello World module for Magento 2
- Magento 2 Block Template Ultimate Guides
- How to Create Module in Magento 2
- How to Create Controller in Magento 2
- How to create CRUD Models in Magento 2
- View: Layouts, Block and Templates
- Configuration - System.xml
- How To Create Admin Menu In Magento 2
- Admin ACL
Enjoyed the tutorial? Spread it to your friends!
Sam is the CEO and Founder of Mageplaza, pursuing a simple and healthy lifestyle. He is a friend, a husband, and a father to two children. As a trainer and an aspiring influencer, he is also a big fan of sports and travel. Sam is exceptionally knowledgeable about e-commerce, especially Magento and Shopify, with 10 years of experience in the field.
People also searched for
- magento 2 get block from template file phtml
- get block from template file phtml in magento 2
- how to get block from template file
- how to get block from template file phtml
- how to get currency data in magento 2
- magento 2 call block in phtml
- magento 2 create block in phtml
- magento 2 get block in phtml
- magento 2 create block programmatically in phtml
- magento 2 get block name in phtml
- how to call block in phtml file in magento 2
- call block in phtml file magento 2
- magento 2 get block name
- call block in phtml magento 2
- get block in phtml magento 2
- call phtml in phtml magento 2
- call another block in phtml magento 2
- magento 2 load block in phtml
- $this- getlayout()- createblock magento 2
- magento 2 create block programmatically
- magento 2 get child block in phtml
- magento 2 call child block in phtml
- 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 2.4.x