How to Increase B2B Sales by Using B2B Company Accounts?
Are you having problems converting B2B sales? Are you customers sharing with you about group purchasing difficulties? Do you want to improve your B2B buying experiences?
If these are issues that both you and your B2B customers are facing, then Company Accounts would be your must-have to cover your concerns. Let’s see how they can benefit you in the B2B world.
Table of Contents
- What is a Magento company account?
- Why do you need the Company Accounts extension for your store?
- What Mageplaza Company Accounts extension can do for your Magento 2 store?
- Are you ready?
What is a Magento company account?
Magento company account is a type of account that contains multiple sub-accounts with different roles and permissions. Among sub-accounts, there will be one admin user with the highest authority which can manage all the actions of the account.
In comparison with a normal Magento account, this account is used for companies instead of single buyers.
Why do you need Company Accounts extension for your store?
A must-have feature for B2B customers
B2B customers play an important part in any business, your store might not be the outsider. And you will always need additional extensions to cover all the needs in the B2B business setting to streamline the purchasing process. One of the most-wanted customizations is creating company accounts.
Company Accounts extension does the basic but essential works:
- Let customer create a “1 parent - multiple children” type of account that consists of one company account and multiple sub-accounts
- Each sub-account will be assigned certain access permission to the company actions such as placing orders or editing the company information
Enable a straightforward mechanism for company purchase activities
If your customers are giant companies containing distinct groups with different purchasing demands or require a myriad of orders on a daily basis, then shared-account will be a possible way to tackle the productivity problem.
For example, an event agency that consists of multiple projects at the same time, and each project is handled by a team. What if all the orders must be placed by one person? He/she can be overwhelmed by the workload and possible mistakes can happen.
Mageplaza Company Accounts extension allows creating multiple roles in a company and assigns corresponding access permission to each role. By doing this, sub-accounts can freely place orders without the admin if allowed beforehand.
Even if the company has different branches that are located over places, it can still manage all the purchasing activities in one place.
Simplify and speed up the purchasing process
With a sharp hierarchy, companies can speed up the purchasing activities by adding multiple authorized users to the account and leave the rights to take action:
- Reducing a layer of steps in the ordering process
- Customers can still protect the budget by setting limits on ordering
Grow more orders for your store
Once you have satisfied your customers with a smoothly buying flow, possibly, they will return for more orders and you can keep them for such a long time.
Company accounts allow organizations to distribute the ordering activities throughout groups/teams for several members. It will be less overwhelming for certain members to process all ordering demands. It will also be relaxing for team members to have a space of their own to purchase assets which they think would resonate with the company’ benefit.
Consequently, you will motivate your customers to purchase more of what are beneficial to them and your B2B sales will see the improvement soon.
What Mageplaza Company Accounts extension can do for your Magento 2 store?
Let customers create company accounts
With this solution, merchants can let customers create company accounts in your store. Users just need to go the My Account page, find the Register Company tab, and start to register for a company account in the store.
In the form, customers will fill in important company information such as Company Name, Company Email, Company Address, Phone Number, etc. to submit to the store account management system.
After the admin review and accept the company creation request, the company admin will find the My Company tab in the My Account page. Now the admin can start to add new users to the company.
- Create user roles One of the most important features of Company Accounts is creating user roles, by which your customers can build a sharp hierarchy of the company structure. Subsequently, the purchasing activities will be distributed logically and reasonably from now on.
In detail, each role will be set up with certain access permissions including:
- Company information: view ( “My Company” tab in “My Account” page); edit company information; receive notice when the company updated
- Manage users: view; add; edit; delete, receive notice when user updated
- Company orders: place, view, receive notifications when new order placed, print order/invoice/refund, track shipment and reorder
- Manage roles: view, add, edit, delete and receive notice when role updated
It’s can be very flexible for customers to set the permissions. For example, team leaders can place orders while staffs can only view orders. Another example is that managers can add new users to the company but cannot add new roles, as only admin can do that.
[SPECIAL FEATURE] A new and useful feature that Mageplaza team has developed is allowing admins to set the limit on the ordering with each role:
- Set the maximum Amount that a user can place per order
- Set the maximum Number of orders that a user can place (when the user reach the maximum order, he/she can only place more orders when the admin increase the value)
Your customer can share the purchasing tasks with other members in the company but at the same time keep every action under control by setting limits beforehand.
- Add unlimited sub-accounts and assign roles From the frontend, to add new users to the company, the admin heads to Manage Users tab, click on the ** Add new users* button, and fill in the required fields and choose an appropriate role for the user.
Automatic notification emails
Besides the main system, there is an automatic system that works correspondingly to notify store admins, company admins, and company users about the status of orders or other activities within the account. The following are some examples of email notifications that help the process to be transparent.
- Emails sent to store admins: When there is a new company creation request, store admins will be notified by an email
- Company status change notification: When the admin rejects, activate or inactivate the company
- User Update Notification
- New Order Notification
- New Role Notification
Quick set-up from the backend by store admins
As a store admin, you can previously configure some features that will be applied to all of the companies in your store.
- Allow customers groups to request company creation: to allow the right groups to submit for company creation
- Auto Approve Company: let the company can quickly submit, add roles & users, then start to place orders
- Add multiple users to a company at once
- Craft all email notification templates: store admins will choose the templates for all emails distributed among sub-accounts. For example, this is the configuration for company admin notifications
- Edit company information: store admins can manage all company and edit the information of each one easily
- Add a new company
Easily add companies to sales email templates
You can quickly add the Company variable to every sales email template by adding the string `` to the desired position.
Are you ready?
B2B stores, Are you ready to integrate this amazing solution to your store? You should do it straight away because your customers might need it to optimize their purchase activities. The missing feature of Magento 2 default will be covered perfectly by Mageplaza Company Accounts extension.
If you want to provide a convenient B2B purchasing experience, build a last-long relationship with your partners and grow more orders ultimately, don’t hesitate to try our solution, we are pleased to help you improve your online store.
& Maintenance Services
Make sure your store is not only in good shape but also thriving with a professional team yet at an affordable price.Get Started