How to configure Mail.com SMTP in Magento 2
It’s vital to explore How to configure Mail. com SMTP in Magento 2 since SMTP server settings are needed to send email from a Mail. com account through a different email supplier. The settings are the same for any email client you use with Mail. com. If you want to collect or manage your Mail.com email from a different email client, you have to enter all the right information into the client.
When SMTP server needs to be configured for being able to send outgoing emails, either POP3 and IMAP are taken into account for receiving emails as well. You’ll need the SMTP credential of Mail.com first to enter information into SMTP extension for Magento 2.
Overview how to configure Mail. com SMTP in Magento 2
- Step 1: Create a new Mail. com account.
- Step 2: Download and install Magento 2 SMTP extension.
- Step 3: Configure the SMTP extension for Magento 2.
Step 1: Create a new Mail. com account.
- Go to their official website Mail.com get the the register form, own a free account from today. There’s a lot of unique features only can be found out in their service.
- Mail. com Default SMTP Settings: When you get to the screen that asks for your Mail. com SMTP information, use the following settings.
- Mail. com SMTP server address: smtp.mail. com
- Mail. com SMTP username: Your full Mail. com email address ([email protected])
- Mail. com SMTP password: Your Mail. com password
- Mail. com SMTP: port: 587 (alternatives: 465 and 25)
- Mail. com SMTP TLS/SSL required: yes (no can be used as an alternative)
Step 2. Download and install Magento 2 SMTP extension.
This guide will use Mageplaza SMTP extension to configure this setup. It’s a free extension so there’s no risk to try out this new advanced module. You can download SMTP in Github and the installation guide can be found at this Documentation.
Step 3. Configure SMTP extension for Magento 2.
Back to Magento Admin, make your way from
Mageplaza > SMTP > Configuration. Expand General Configuration, choose Yes to turn Mageplaza SMTP on
Expand SMTP Configuration Option, complete these following steps
- In the SMTP Provider field, choose Mail. com.
- Click Auto Fill button to fill Host, Port, Authentication and Protocol will be automatically filled up to match Mail. com provider you had chosen.
- In the Username and Password field, fill the Mail. com account’s information you just have got from Step 1.
- In Test Email Recipient, enter the email you want to sent to. A successful report will show up if thing worked properly.
And now you have done with the set up SMTP in Magento 2 with the Mail. com provider from Mageplaza! Please chat live with our customer service staff on site if your have any questions for us!
& Maintenance Services
Make sure your store is not only in good shape but also thriving with a professional team yet at an affordable price.Get Started