Mageplaza Stand with #BlackLivesMatter: It’s About Time to End Racism
To our valued customers, partners, friends and fellow employees,
Mageplaza’s mission, which has been consistent from the very beginning, is to support our global community with their business without any discrimination against status, age, sex, nation, and race. And what would a global community be without the Black community? We are genuinely disappointed to have seen what we have seen. We were shocked and massively upset to acknowledge that racial discrimination is still a big thing on the same home Earth we live in. We hate to talk about this because it’s hurt, but we have to, for this time, insist on ending racism. And Mageplaza want to stand with #BlackLivesMatter to demand an end to racial discrimination and injustice.
What Mageplaza is doing to support #BlackLivesMatter
On our main website, we have temporarily paused all promotional banners and featured one certain message “#BlackLivesMatter”. By dedicating as much promotional space as we have, we want to, with you, spread the words to the world as much as possible.
For now, we are stopping talking about ourselves to talk about racial discrimination and to encourage everyone to take action.
Mageplaza educated our employees about inequality and racism. We encourage our workers to raise their voice and to take action. And we encourage you to do so too. Whatever you can do, even a little, can make big difference and create a better world for us now and for our children tomorrow.
What you can do?
We encourage you to acknowledge the situation and dare to talk about this issue seriously. We hope to hear your voice against racism everywhere your voice is possibly heard. We hope to see your words against injustice everywhere your words can be seen. If you want to take action, we recommend you to donate to any legal activists or organizations fighting to eliminate race-based discrimination. Below are some suggestions:
- The NAACP Legal Defense Fund, which has been working for racial justice through advocacy, litigation, and education for over a hundred years
- The Bail Project, a nonprofit that aims to mitigate incarceration rates through bail reform.
- The National Bail Fund Network also has a directory of community bail funds to which you can donate, along with a COVID-19 rapid response fund. Another list of funds is available here.
- Black Visions Collective, a black, trans, and queer-led social justice organization and legal fund based in Minneapolis-St. Paul.
- A Gas Mask Fund for black youth activists in Minneapolis is raising money to buy gas masks for demonstrators who’ve faced tear gas during protests.
- Communities United for Police Reform is an initiative to end discriminatory policing in New York, helping to educate people on their rights and document police abuse.
- The Legal Rights Center is a non-profit law firm based in Minneapolis, offering legal defense, educational, and advocacy services.
- Showing Up for Racial Justice works to educate white people about anti-racism and organizes actions to support the fight for racial justice and undermine white supremacy.
- No New Jails NYC aims to keep the city from constructing new jails, and to instead divert funds that currently go toward the police and incarceration toward housing, ending homelessness, mental health, and other community support systems.
We hope our words are well spread on our own platform which attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors every month. We hope our voice is contributing to building a stronger and better world for human beings.
Together, let’s stand against racial injustice!
not your workload
Simple, powerful tools to grow your business. Easy to use, quick to master and all at an affordable price.Get Started