Mageplaza Who Bought This Also Bought - 4 Case Studies on Actual Magento 2 Stores
The FOMO (Fear of missing out) phenomenon, which indicates people are afraid of missing out from what others are having, can be driven by telling them what their peers’ choices are. Besides, according to McKinsey, cross selling can increase up to 20% sales and 30% profit. Hence, there is no reason for Magento businesses like you to be hesitant in using the Who Bought This Also Bought extension for your store. Not only is it beneficial to businesses by boosting sales, but it also helps in enhancing shopper experience and maintaining a long-term relationship with them.
And to support you during that journey, Mageplaza Who Bought This Also Bought extension will erase any limits of the default Magento. Let’s discover how this module helps online stores boost their sales and retain customers through the following case studies.
Who Bought This Also Bought for M2
Encourage customers to add more items to their carts instead of replacing themCheck it out!
Table of Contents
- Exclusive features of Also Bought block on Magento 2
- Real-life applications of Who Bought This Also Bought extension
- The bottom line
Exclusive features of Also Bought block on Magento 2
Who Bought This Also Bought extension for Magento 2 will be used so that products are recommended automatically based on settings. Here are the exclusive features of our module:
- Display products automatically based on purchase history
- Customize layout
- Display on Product Page, Category Page, or Cart Page
- Show additional product information
- Set maximum number of related products
- Customize block title
Real-life applications of Who Bought This Also Bought extension
Case study 1: The Hay Experts and Personalization via Also Bought
The Hay Experts provide natural and healthy products for rabbits, which actually are called ‘the hay experts’. The products include food, medicine, fun toys, and other accessories. The brand claims to promote nature, wellbeing and welfare through care and integrity.
The brand uses the title ‘You might also like’. together with a slider effect to recommend related products. The fact that the pronoun ‘You’ is used highlights personalization greatly.
At the shopping bag page, the brand also increases the chance of cross-selling when suggesting other products by using the Who Bought This Also Bought extension. It uses the title ‘We think you & your little ones may also like’. This line is more persuasive because it takes into account both the owners (customers) and their rabbits (consumers).
Read more about 9 most useful product recommendation techniques
Case study 2: Coastal Business and additional information on Also Bought block
Coastal Business Supplies started as a distribution company in the quick print industry. However, due to great changes in the market, later it became a supplier to various markets. The brand supplies its home and office supplies, printers, vinyl cutters, paper and other accessories to individuals, schools, offices and more. Some of its major customers can be named as The White House, Boeing, Microsoft, General Motors.
At the product page, there is a block named ‘Customers who bought this item also bought’. Under each product, customers can find useful information such as name, ratings and reviews, price, ‘Add to cart’ button, and ‘Favourites’ icon. In this way, if customers are not ready to add the items to their cart, they still can quickly add it to their favorites and come back later.
Case study 3: FT86Motorsports and Also Bought title adaptations
FT86Motorsports is an Canadian store which specializes in products for motors. Products such as wheels, exhaust, brakes, or clothes can easily be found here. The brand aims at serving customers with best priced products and attentive customer support.
The default title ‘Who bought this item also bought’ is used to show shoppers what others’ choices are. Physically, this FOMO trick is suggesting that these products are on trend and you cannot miss them.
Then, at the Shopping Cart page, FT86Motorsports displays the Also Bought block under the title of ‘Who bought these item(s) also bought’. This is a considerate change because there maybe more than one item in the cart.
Case study 4: Just Rip It - more FOMO applications thanks to Also Bought module
Just Rip It is an online store selling sealed vintage cards to sports collectors. This brings a fun and exciting approach to the way sports fans enjoy their hobbies. With each card in the randomized packs, shoppers can join in a Hall of Famers lucky pull, which can give them items that are worth thousands of dollars.
At the bottom of the page, customers can find the Also bought block with the title ‘Often Bought Together With’. Besides that, the stock status ‘Cards left: quantity’ is also added to the call-to-action, which not only provides extra information but also urges customers to decide instantly.
When customers check out their orders, they can see recommended products under the same title below the cart information. So even when shoppers are about to complete their purchase, the brand makes one more effort to motivate their spending.
Read more about how FOMO is applied in e-commerce marketing
Some statistics you should know
- Invespcro states that if shoppers click onto the product recommendation, they will come back shopping twice as likely to.
- There are 4.5 times more likely for customers to add those recommended items to their shopping cart (SalesForce).
- 91% of consumers tend to buy products from brands that offers personalized recommendation (Accenture)
What can you get using Who Bought This Also Bought extension?
- Boost sales: customers are curious what others are buying and want to follow the trend due to the FOMO phenomenon
- Enhance personalization: Promote related products are displayed automatically based on purchase history
- Create user-friendly interface: the block can be customized and can be viewed on multiple devices
- Conduct different strategies plans: Depending on each goal, store owners can change the display locations, layouts or rules
- Improve user experience: Provide detailed information about the products
How can Who Bought This Also Bought be optimized?
- Where on page should the block be put? Businesses should use Also Bought product carousels at the bottom of the page because that’s where customers expect to find them
- Which page to put the block? Product recommendations can be placed on multiple pages but should be reasonable
- Title of the block: Each title can create different effects on customers (for example: ‘Others also bought’ provokes curiosity, ‘You may also like’ suggests personalization, ‘Shop the look’ recommends the perfect combination)
Other product recommendation extensions
Find out more about Automatic Related Products extension
The bottom line
Brands can apply different tactics to take advantage of the FOMO phenomenon and cross selling approach to increase their sales, and using Who Bought This Also Bought extension is one of them. We understand that it would be different for each business, that is why we hope that through this blog, you have had a glimpse of how it works in real life and will have your own applications. Please do get in touch with us if you have any questions or comments to share.
Stay in the know
Get special offers on the latest news from Mageplaza.
Earn $10 in reward now!